Nexus 7 (2012) not cutting it anymore.

Imjustbrian

Honorable
May 8, 2014
I currently have a nexus 7 (2012). I like it but I'm frustrated with the WiFi. I have a Galaxy s5 and at work I get far better WiFi signal on that than my Nexus. On my nexus I'm losing signal or getting weak signal where as my S5 works perfectly.

I'm to the point my Nexus sits there and I use my phone for stuff, which is defeating having a tablet. So it's time I upgrade my tablet.

What I need is simple. 7 or 10 inch tablet that runs Android that has WiFi capabilities equal or better then the S5 I have. I won't say money isn't an issue but that it works is more of an issue. What I mainly need is streaming video capable. YouTube, Hulu etc etc.

Any guidance would be welcome.

Solution
I use the Nexus 7 (2012) with a Samsung S4. Wifi Speeds seem to be ok, but the real issue is that the Nexus 7 gets considerably slower quickly. I think a Root might be in order. Also, delete the junk apps.

btw, I feel your pain. Unless I use house wifi I feel like using phone wifi hotspot is very slow.

keith12

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2008

have you tried turning off the 'Wifi power saving' feature? I'm not sure if how you do it on a tablet, but if you google it you can try it.

The fix is simple enough. Fixed my Galaxy S3 straight away! :)

envy14tpe

Honorable
Mar 3, 2012
I use the Nexus 7 (2012) with a Samsung S4. Wifi Speeds seem to be ok, but the real issue is that the Nexus 7 gets considerably slower quickly. I think a Root might be in order. Also, delete the junk apps.

btw, I feel your pain. Unless I use house wifi I feel like using phone wifi hotspot is very slow.

Solution