No Audio Output Device is Detected After Installing 8.1 Pro 64

thepigeonproject

Honorable
May 31, 2012
I have an older HP Pavilion DV6810us that originally came with Vista.
After 8.1 Pro install I have no sound device or recording device detected & no sound.
Under Device manager there is a ? on the Coprocessor which I believe is what controls the sound.
There is no other audio or sound device anywhere in device manager.
I have been through several nvidea & HP drivers, tried compatibility mode for Vista etc.
The motherboard is quanta 30CF
Chipset Nvidea nforce 560
Graphics Nvidea GeForce 7150M/nforce630m

I have had several driver problems with other pc's in the past and could figure them out but not this one.

I've been without sound for 2 weeks now and refuse to run Vista.

Please help, Thank you.

2danny9

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012
Hi,

Apologies if you have already but could you follow this solution and reply back with your results?

I've taken a look at your laptop specifications and it has a HDMI output port yes? You get no sound through HDMI also?

Do you get any pop-ups when you plug in a audio jack?

Apologies once more, could you name some of the drivers you provided (just to be certain my friend)? Regardless, Windows will come with its own drivers and you should be able to hear something. :(

Are

Thanks,

Danny

turkey3_scratch

Estimable
Herald
Jul 15, 2014
Hi thepigeonprohect! In Device Manager, do you see any driver at all for your sound? There could have been an issue relating to your sound device not remaining through the upgrade to Windows 8.1. If Device Manager does not show your speakers of the laptop at all, that means the software is not installed for those speakers to work with Windows.

I would find the exact model of your laptop and trace down the exact speaker system. Then, on the manufacturer's web site of your speakers, find the necessary driver for your sound and download and install it on Windows 8.

thepigeonproject

Honorable
May 31, 2012
Hello,
My model doesn't have an HDMI port, it has S Video & VGA but blank spot where the HDMI option would be. There is a red x where the volume is and when I run audio troubleshooter it checks everything & says hardware changes might not have been detected. Have you heard of a Coprecessor controlling or causing sound not to work? I read on a forum that it's why I don't have sound and it's the only thing in the Device Manager that has a ? on it. Thank you very much for any help you could provide and thank you for taking the time to help.

2danny9

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012

OK,

I do not know if you have indeed attempted to install the correct drivers (it seems you do but just to be certain I'll add a link, please do not take offence :D).

OK could you do the following:

Right click on (in device manager) that has the, ?, and left click on properties.
    Click on, Details, tab.
    Under property, click it and select Hardware IDs.
    Under Value, you should see some text, right click, select all and copy it so you may paste it here.

You went here right and download the audio driver correct?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=2100&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=3636595#N189

See you ;),

Dan

2danny9

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012

I forgot, you have provided the product name but not the actual model. Could you locate the HP sticker and check for its model number?

This is a good example:

INF6002241D-003.jpg

thepigeonproject

Honorable
May 31, 2012
The model is dv6810us.
It is an HP Pavilion DV6000 but model # is dv6810us. The model number is from the tag & an hp scan also stated this as the model I have.
These are the hardware lds
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0543&SUBSYS_30CF103C&REV_A2
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0543&SUBSYS_30CF103C
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0543&CC_0B4000
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0543&CC_0B40

It says ALTEC LANSING on the laptop where the speakers are but doesn't that just mean it has that brand of speakers correct?

On HP site it gives me 3 audio drivers to choose from if I select Vista as an operating system and 2 of the drivers are for conexant hd audio & the 3rd driver is for realtek. The Conexant drivers wouldn't install stating couldn't find device for driver but i finally got the realtek to install in compatibility mode for vista service pack 2 and I'm getting ready to restart pc like it's asking me to but I feel as though the problem isn't the audio device or driver but what ever it is that's before the device not working so it can't detect it. Hopefully the hardware lds above will help someone to help me find the driver for the Coprocessor because I was told it is what is causing my problems. Thank you all so much.

thepigeonproject

Honorable
May 31, 2012
I still have no sound. I hope the coprocessor lds below will help someone help me figure out the manufacturer or a driver for the coprocessor for windows 8.1. I have installed 8.1 on several pc's older than this one with no problems and I've never heard of a coprocessor but it sounds important. I am very confused and frustrated and it seems as though i will never hear sound from this notebook all though when I was trying to install 1 of the hp sound drivers I actually heard a weird beep sound. The first sound I've heard out of this machine.

Once again it's an HP Pavilion Entertainment Notebook that originally came with vista. Model # dv6810us

Coprocessor lds

thepigeonproject

Honorable
May 31, 2012
Yes I went to that link you provided, I have been on HP's site several times & even tried to contact them but since my laptop is no longer under warranty they said they would have to charge me but couldn't tell me exactly how much.
Also I have no microphone showing up either even tho I have dual mics.
There is no audio playback or recording devices detected which makes me believe it has nothing to do with the sound driver because the pc isn't recognizing that I have a sound or mic device and when I plug in my headphones I hear that slight static kinda sound you hear when your audio is muted so that tells me the sound device is there and working just not receiving any sound to it because the pc doesn't recognize it's there.
There is no sound or recording device any where under sound manager just a ? on something listed under other devices called a Coprocessor. I talked to another individual with same pc having same problem and they said after a lot of researching they had it narrowed down to the Coprocessor driver missing as well.

I can't find any drivers for a Coprocessor on the HP site or any where else and I don't even know if the Coprocessor is a part of the chipset or is it part of the actual processor which i don't believe it is because i have identical processor in my other laptop. (AMD Turion X2 TL-60).

Does anyone know what a Coprocessor is and if it is it's own device or part or is it part of mobo or chipset or something else? I provided the hardware lds for it above.

No I don't get any pop ups or anything at all when I plug in speakers or head phones.

Also a couple times a day my screen goes blank for a couple seconds and I get a message saying my video driver has stopped working and has recovered.

I hope someone out there knows more about this than I do and can help because I just put a new battery, charger, 2 new sticks of ram plus the Windows 8.1 Pro 64x so I can't just give up on it.

Also the pc originally was a 32 bit version of Windows Vista & now it's running a 64 bit version of Windows 8.1 pro. Would going from 32 to 64 cause this on an HP? I have put 64 bit Operating systems on other older pc's that were originally 32 bit. I format drive & do a fresh install if that helps.

thepigeonproject

Honorable
May 31, 2012
Once again it's an HP Pavilion Entertainment Notebook that originally came with Windows Vista. Model # dv6810us
I need a driver for the Coprocessor that will work with Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit. I can't get any sound, sound or recording device aren't showing up under device manager just coprocessor with a ? on it. Thank you sooooo much for any help you could provide.

Coprocessor lds

2danny9

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012

That Coprocessor is a chipset driver which may be Nvidia related, have you installed chipset drivers?

Try this link and install it (it is Windows 7, so install it as normal, if nothing, un-install and install again but by right clicking and left clicking 'Run as administrator'

http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce-vista-win7-64bit-15.56-driver.html

FalconBeatz

Estimable
Jan 18, 2015
Hey how's it going? I just wanted to know if you ever got your sound back because I'm having the exact same problem. Everything you described all the same. Right after I installed windows 8 no sound. I downloaded the drivers can't install them because no device was found. If you did get it to work can you please help me out?