No Bios Asus Notebook

jonyxa132

Commendable
Jun 29, 2016
Hi. So i got this laptop 3 years ago, asus notebook Republic of Gaming. Nvidia geforce 765m card. I installed Hyper-v server thinking it was similar to VMware where it's an app you open in window. to get to the point, The HDD, Recovery and SDD's are pretty much broken, so trying to fix, deleted them via CMD. When i start up the laptop now, there's no Republic of Gamer screen, f9 can't be used to open recovery either. It'll only boot to the boot Options, or the holding esc to change what i want to boot into, (cd, and usb still works for options i can boot into, note this). So, does this mean i can still use a cd or usb to recover anything? or is it doom'd.

Solution
I don't think hdd/ssd are physically damaged, just need to be formatted again to work

You can download win 8.1 from here: win 8.1 media creation tool, I don't think you can get 8 though. Use that to make a USB or DVD

If you know your serial key you could put that back on and see if its all you need to fix laptop

jonyxa132

Commendable
Jun 29, 2016

Hello. Windows 8 is version. Asus dvd is no such thing for win 8 and above, espcially for my models and beyond since 2013. Fresh install i've tried with every way to factory reset. I'm not sure if i can do anything but get new hdd and sdd and whatever witht he problem above