No boot/power problem

Forrest K

Estimable
Jun 22, 2015
So I'm currently working on a problem with an acer aspire vs 552g x852.

Quick back story, For the past few weeks the fans have been all kinds of noisy. I tend to put the thing to sleep rather than turning it off and one morning it simply didn't wake up. Though the blue battery light remains on, when the power button is pushed nothing happens. No fans, no hd, no lcd, nothing.

So I began pulling it apart and working on it. Power unplugged, battery removed yet still nothing. I looked over the mobo, but didn't see any sign of damage.

Could this be the cpu? The power switch itself? How would I test them?Perhaps more simply, what should be done next?

Solution
Usually a faulty component will allow the system to power on but not complete POST. Therefore, your case may be a bad motherboard.

Hard to say for certain, however. The only way to know for certain would be to replace the CPU with a compatible, known working one, and do the same with RAM (and a video card, whenever applicable). If you have the same issue, then it's time to tear the whole thing down and swap out the main board.

Forrest K

Estimable
Jun 22, 2015
When you say power supply do you mean the charger? The laptop itself appears to be charging because the blue battery charge light does come on when plugged in. If you mean something internal I'm not so sure I understand. Do laptops tend to have internal power supplies?

Usually a faulty component will allow the system to power on but not complete POST. Therefore, your case may be a bad motherboard.

Hard to say for certain, however. The only way to know for certain would be to replace the CPU with a compatible, known working one, and do the same with RAM (and a video card, whenever applicable). If you have the same issue, then it's time to tear the whole thing down and swap out the main board.

Solution