No Cast Screen option on my Chromecast App. Why?

BIll Fisher

Estimable
Dec 2, 2014
I am trying to mirror my tablet to my television. I have everything properly connected and can watch Youtube videos but when I try to mirror an unsupported video I cannot because all the tutorials tell me to open the navigation drawer in the Chromecast App and Select Cast Screen from the menu. My problem is, I have installed the application on my Android 4.4.2 tablet twice and both times there is no option to select Cast Screen. Can anyone please help me?

Thank you

Solution
Not every app is supported by Chromecast. In fact, very few outside of the major streaming apps are supported. Chances are, the video app you are trying to use does not have Chromecast support. The Chromecast app itself isn't able to provide any mirroring capabilities, it's more of a utility/GUI to tweak various settings.
Not every app is supported by Chromecast. In fact, very few outside of the major streaming apps are supported. Chances are, the video app you are trying to use does not have Chromecast support. The Chromecast app itself isn't able to provide any mirroring capabilities, it's more of a utility/GUI to tweak various settings.

Solution

halogenlamps

Estimable
Jan 29, 2015

This is not an answer to the question. I am having the same issue. I am not trying to use a video app to cast anything, I am trying to cast my whole screen from the chromecast app. It should not matter whether any other apps have chromecast support or not.