Solved! No Home theatre sound when set top box connected

Nov 16, 2018
I have sony home theatre with HDMI ARC and digital optical audio port to connect. My sony hd tv has also HDMI ARC and digital optical audio output port. Both are connected via HDMI ARC. All working fine.
But as I upgrade my HD set top box connected to tv via another HDMI port, home theatre stops producing sound. Though TV speaker can produce sound.

What is the solution please??

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
I Audio 5
K Audio 2
L Audio 1
N Audio 1
M Audio 4
U Audio 4
L Audio 2
N Audio 1
M Audio 5
I Audio 2
L Audio 8
B Audio 3
M Audio 10
A Audio 2
bhabanisankardas007 Audio 13
A Audio 1
S Audio 4
J Audio 1
C Audio 4
K Audio 1
Similar threads
Help Connecting Speakers!!
Hi I have connected my home theater to TV through HDMI ARC ports but the TV sound through the home theater breaks yet the one
5.1 subwoofer is connected but no sound
Hi i can't get the correct sound from my home theater when i connect with my TV(astro). Need to increase the volume until max.
How to connect Philips HTS3540 to PC
Connecting android tv box to old home theatre system for surround sound
I have old sony surround sound and new rca projector and new blue ray dvd player how to connect
Help connecting projector for sound
Connecting Epson 3100 projector to Sony E3100 home theater system - no sound
guys i have JVC victor TH-A9 5.1 home theater system. I need to connect it to my PC which i need to get 5.1 sound via AUX. but
Can't get sound using hdmi ARC cable connect setup Panasonic home theatre SC-BTT785 to Lg60UH652V smart TV
How to connect z906 to soundcard for BEST possible sound quality
Speakers sound worse when connected to PC, Home Theater
How to connect old receiver to HDTV for surround sound
How to connect PC+ Creative Sound card + Sony DAV-DZ370 5.1 Home theater
How do I connect my mx8 streaming box to my kef home cinema system to get sound
I want to Split 5.1 surround connections on receiver to allow 2 devices to use the surround sound theatre system
Connecting two sound systems
How connect LG tv and Samsung sound bar.
Hi I have new Samsung smart tv and my home theaters is LG and I connect them through HDMI cable but sound is not coming

ASK THE COMMUNITY