no i reinstalled windows and stupidly didnt save that partition

stephwall64

Estimable
Aug 13, 2014
gateway desk top computer. had windows vista on it, upgraded to windows 7. then later on computer was messing up so i reinstalled windows 7 and stupidly did not save the partition. so all my stuff was lost.pictures, vista, it all. had to call a number for windows they walked me through validating the windows 7 again because doing what i did it messed that up to. so now my computer runs slow as heck because the version of windows 7 32 bit is installed and my computer is always looking for 64 as in more memmory i assume which makes it clitch up. but i need vista back on and someone to try and recover windows.old. which i cannot find anywhere.

Solution
Its been a month.... I hope you havent been using the pc. It will use free space as it see's fit and may have overwritten even more pics.

Running Recuva is simple.
https://www.piriform.com/docs/recuva/using-recuva/wizard-mode/using-the-recuva-wizard-wizard-mode

Basically, start the program. click next.
tell it where the files are (your C: drive), click next
click start.

If that doesnt find anything repeat but before you click start, check the "Deepscan" option but be aware this will take many hours.

popatim

Splendid
Give up pn recovering windows.old. Use Recuva in deepscan mode and see if you can recover the pictures. Dont be surprised if you cant becuase you started writing over the space where they used to be. Hopefully your pics were further out on the disk and can still be saved.

In the future, please remember that import files like your pictures always need to have a backup copy made. DVD's are cheap and it wont take many to hold the days worth of photo's usually.
Good Luck

stephwall64

Estimable
Aug 13, 2014
im more worried about my computer not runing properly now. my computer also should have had the 64 bit on it i did the 32 bit. i was told thats why my computer is slagging and running very slow. with the little turing circle by the mouse arrow. somethig isnt right and i just dont know what it could be ive ran restore doesnt work. so the scan u said to run only might if there there find my pictures? if so i really do not know how to run that

popatim

Splendid
Its been a month.... I hope you havent been using the pc. It will use free space as it see's fit and may have overwritten even more pics.

Running Recuva is simple.
https://www.piriform.com/docs/recuva/using-recuva/wizard-mode/using-the-recuva-wizard-wizard-mode

Basically, start the program. click next.
tell it where the files are (your C: drive), click next
click start.

If that doesnt find anything repeat but before you click start, check the "Deepscan" option but be aware this will take many hours.

Solution