No input - Is this HDMI Handshake problem or something else?

MeetYah

Commendable
Feb 21, 2016
Hello!

I apologize if question of this type has been already answered. Sorry, I couldn't find the answer.

The hardware I use: i3 3225 + GB GA H77N WIFI + GT1030 (Kodi 17.6), Yamaha AVR RXV583, LG C6v.

The problem I have is: I turn everything on (HTPC is usually in sleep mode, not completely off due to USB IR) with Hamony remote. Everything works OK on 4K/60hz. But If I leave the HTPC to go to idle and display turns off (let's say I leave the room with everything on or movie in pause mode), when I try to wakeup the HTPC back on from screensaver on 5 or 6th try there's NO SIGNAL INPUT warning on TV while running own picture slideshows. AVR setup overlays also don't show. If I switch the HDMI channel to 2 (HTPC is on 1) and back to 1, the signal input is now found and everything works fine again. Until I leave it to idle again and try to wake it up. Sometimes this happens even from boot.

Things I tried:
- I tried EDID option from Kodi forums as recommended but made no difference.
- Switch HTPC from HDMI 1 to 3.
- Reinstall the drivers
- Set to manual 4k resolution in nVidia drivers when display is off

I'm using AKORD v2.0 HDMI CABLE (from amazon, those black/gold) cables 2m long. Which worked fine with the same HTPC (except without GT1030), Yamaha AVR RXV377 and LG C6v on 1080p res.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
It does sound like a handshake issue. Very common when using a computer with AV/TV gear.
You should try a different HDMI cable. That it worked fine before doesn't mean it will work fine with the GT1030.
I don't think you can get the Harmony remote to do the input switch for you every time you turn on the PC, You can check to see if they will let you make your own macro to do that..
It does sound like a handshake issue. Very common when using a computer with AV/TV gear.
You should try a different HDMI cable. That it worked fine before doesn't mean it will work fine with the GT1030.
I don't think you can get the Harmony remote to do the input switch for you every time you turn on the PC, You can check to see if they will let you make your own macro to do that..

Solution

MeetYah

Commendable
Feb 21, 2016
Thanks for your answer.

Today I tried blocking 19th pin (last one on upper right) on HDMI cable;

Let PC (with Kodi running) idle for 15 minutes (display goes off after 5 mins - Kodi settings). Display woke up fine.
After 2 hours in movie pause mode. It woke up.
Then after 10 minutes.. I tried again.. NO INPUT SIGNAL... !$"r)%"#?)r!?

I connected to the htpc via teamviewer then. Display magically turned itself on and found the input.

So 19th pin trick didn't do nothing. I hope I blocked the right pin.

Funny thing is.. sound goes through with no problem while in NO INPUT mode. And I can watch movies for hours without problems. When I leave it to idle everything goes to s**t sometimes. Grrrrrrrr..

I don't think I can do that with Harmony. What I did was workaround. Shortcut on display (HarmonyOne) with HDMI 1 - HDMI 2 - HDMI 1 sequence.

Handshakes have problems on 4k resolutions as well? I thought this were things of the past...

Is it possible that the stock 150w PSU of the Antec 310-150 case is too underpowered for GT1030?

TRENDING THREADS