No Sound between Sony TV XBR65X900A and Onkyo TXNR-3010 receiver

westco28

Estimable
Dec 29, 2014
Could someone please help me with figuring out how to get sound on the television while hooked up to the receiver please?
I have the ARC cable connected between the two. When I play Bluray or PS3/PS4 games and movies, sound comes through all of my speakers but no sound is coming through the TV itself.
My setup:
TV: Sony XBR65X900A
Receiver: Onkyo TXNR-3010
Speakers: Polk Audio in wall - 2 front, 2 rear, 2 mid
Center Channel: Definitive Tech
Floor Standing Subwoofer: Def. Tech

Solution
The ARC is to get audio from the TV tuner and smart functions into the receiver without using another cable. It is not to feed the audio from the sources hooked into the receiver into the TV.
Some receivers have an HDMI input that will pass the audio and video to the TV when the receiver is off.
If you want the TV speakers to play you will have to connect the BD and game consoles into the TV directly and use the TV optical audio output to feed the receiver.
The ARC is to get audio from the TV tuner and smart functions into the receiver without using another cable. It is not to feed the audio from the sources hooked into the receiver into the TV.
Some receivers have an HDMI input that will pass the audio and video to the TV when the receiver is off.
If you want the TV speakers to play you will have to connect the BD and game consoles into the TV directly and use the TV optical audio output to feed the receiver.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS