No sound from headphones after reinstalling windows

matthewben

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
I own a pair of DT 770 Pros with a SMSL SD793-II Dac/Amp plugged into a Asus Xonar DGX PCIE card via optical cable, because my motherboard doesnt have optical.

Before I reinstalled windows 10 my audio was working fine, now I cant seem to get it to work. I've messed around with audio devices/ changing default device etc, looked for drivers i might have missed, but i cant figure it out. Any ideas as to something I might have missed?

lolnole

Proper
Oct 2, 2018
Do you have Xonar Audio Center on your system? If not, does your sound card have its own app that overriding the Windows' settings?

lolnole

Proper
Oct 2, 2018
In your sound settings, what is listed under your playback devices? You should have something that looks like below. The S/PDIF Pass-through Device should be what you are looking for. Do you have it on your list? If it is, it should work if you set it as the default playback device.

matthewben

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012

Yeah, I have this, ive tried a whole bunch of combinations of disabling/enabling and default device.

lolnole

Proper
Oct 2, 2018
Do you have Xonar Audio Center on your system? If not, does your sound card have its own app that overriding the Windows' settings?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Audio 1
M Audio 0
S Audio 1
L Audio 1
Chinu8763 Audio 6
SheriB10671 Audio 0
N Audio 1
J Audio 1
FilipLav Audio 3
T Audio 1
T Audio 12