I have done all troubleshooting options. My computer says everything is working properly in device manager and "playback" sound options. When I try and test the sound, a window pops up that says "the device is currently being used by another application. Please close any devices that are playing audio to this device and try again." I have no applications open, no tabs and I've ended all processes that aren't important. Not sure what else can be done.
Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to uninstall/reinstall the sound driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the Sound driver.
- Once done, reboot the laptop and it should reinstall the driver automatically upon reboot.
- After the reboot, make sure to set your TV as the default playback device.
- Right click on the speaker icon and select Playback Devices.
- If you see your TV on the list or HDMI right click on it and select Set Defaults.
- Click on Apply and OK then test it again.