bartNL

Honorable
Dec 12, 2013
Hi.

I'm looking to give my notebook some extra performance, to do so I was thinking about a CPU upgrade. It's now equipped with an A8-5550M, socket FS1r2. Can somebody tell me if I can upgrade to another CPU and wether I will benefit or not by doing so?
With other words: Is there a significantly better CPU available in my situation?
Thanks in advance.

Solution
Yes, in that case, you're fine to upgrade at your own risk. Just google "CPU upgrade in laptops", you'll get many Tom's Hardware and other leading tech forums link. You'll get an idea.

bartNL

Honorable
Dec 12, 2013

The CPU I have now costs only around $35 on amazon, so I guess the costs won't be that high but I could be wrong.
I already have an SSD and 8GB dual-channel RAM, so I think upgrading these will be difficult.
Sorry, I think I should've been more accurate in my post. I actually meant if there's a significantly better cpu available in my situation. But thanks for your effort.

bartNL

Honorable
Dec 12, 2013

It's an HP Pavilion 17 e072-nr. The CPU is not soldered, it's socket FS1r2 as stated in the post.

Agera One

Estimable
Apr 11, 2014
Yes, in that case, you're fine to upgrade at your own risk. Just google "CPU upgrade in laptops", you'll get many Tom's Hardware and other leading tech forums link. You'll get an idea.

Solution