Booboo_1

Commendable
Jun 15, 2016
Asus N55JX , Intel i74720hq , 8 gb ram, 1 tb hdd, and an Asus sourced Nvidia GTX 950m with 2 gb of dedicated memory, and Intel HD 4600 also.

I've tried Nvidia contol panel global and per program setting, disabling Intel HD4600 (resets to Microsoft Basic Display Adapter), updating drivers for everything, and checking if the GTX 950m is drawing any voltage/ clock speed. When using CPU-Z's rendering test I can see that it is in working order. Its just that no application can use it.

I've also read that it can be on a program by program basis with the stupid Nvidia switching software where you have to whitelist all .exe's in the folder of the program that you want to use. I've seen this work on minecraft where whitelisting one file in the minecraft folder allows the game to run on the dedicated card.

I even tried turning on the rendering test from CPU-z so I knew the GTX was being used, and then tried running another program, still nothing.

My question is, Is there any way to force the laptop to use the dedicated card that doesn't involve Nvidia drivers, Intel, Asus, or American Megatrends? Some sweet third party widget that you can keep in the system tray?

Booboo_1

Commendable
Jun 15, 2016

i scoured the bios already to no avail. no such graphic settings in the american megatrends bios.

giange77

Commendable
Sep 12, 2016

I am having the same problem. I tried many ways but I couldn't find a solution. Another rproblem is that the desktop screen resolution seems capped at 1378 while my screen is supposed to go 1900. Could you find a solution?