NVIDIA GTX970M are not connected to the device.

Fantatista

Commendable
Mar 18, 2016
Hi. I have a MSI GT72 2qd dominator which i bought a month ago. Recently, a friend of mine asked me to install Nvidia GeForce Experience. When I tried to install, it says that it require gpu. So, i checked my device manager, just to find out that Nvidia gtx970m are not connected to the devices. I tried reinstalling but it wont work. Any ideas what else can i do without messing with the warranty?

Solution
Your getting these problems with a near £2000 laptop??, that's dreadful.

I think you many need to look into getting a completely different laptop or a desktop if you have received a faulty laptop two times.

This is my computer, I put together in October:
http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/ZJffYJ
As you can see by the price is it only nearly a £700 so its a lot cheaper then your branded laptop. The CPU and GPU take up most of that price really, they are what makes the pc so powerful thou.

My CPU is just about as powerful and capable as your faulty laptops i7 CPU and I also have a full desktop 970 GPU compared to your 970M. I even have a bigger SSD size than yours.

Do you see what I'm saying here..

That laptop is way over priced and you...
Hi,

If the Nvidia graphics card driver is not listed in Device Manager you may need to check if the GPU is properly seated in the motherboard.

Here's a video how to disassemble the laptop:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StpQACk8aN0

Once done and if the Nvidia graphics driver is not listed, proceed with doing a clean install of its driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the Nvidia graphics driver.
- Next is to check Programs and Features then uninstall anything related to Nvidia.
- Once uninstalled, download and install the latest driver.
- Here's the link: nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx
- Reboot the laptop once the latest driver has been installed.
- After the reboot do test it again and see if the same problem will persist or not.

Wayfall

Honorable
Dec 27, 2013
Your getting these problems with a near £2000 laptop??, that's dreadful.

I think you many need to look into getting a completely different laptop or a desktop if you have received a faulty laptop two times.

This is my computer, I put together in October:
http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/ZJffYJ
As you can see by the price is it only nearly a £700 so its a lot cheaper then your branded laptop. The CPU and GPU take up most of that price really, they are what makes the pc so powerful thou.

My CPU is just about as powerful and capable as your faulty laptops i7 CPU and I also have a full desktop 970 GPU compared to your 970M. I even have a bigger SSD size than yours.

Do you see what I'm saying here..

That laptop is way over priced and you shouldn't of really got it anyways as you could of saved a £1000 there about and just put together your own system. Trust me, putting a computer together these days is super easy now. Everything just clicks in then you plug the power cables from the PSU in and off you go.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS