Nvidia Shadowplay Red Slash

Mrcrazed

Estimable
Jul 6, 2015
So whenever I try to record with Shadowplay, the status icon has a green circle with a red line through it. Supposedly it's supposed to indicate that you don't have enough storage, but I have 500gb free. I've gone through at least 20 forums to try to fix this, but none of them worked for me. Am I missing something, or does Shadowplay just suck?

What games are you trying to record?

Did you see this:

"Not every game will work with NVIDIA ShadowPlay by default. ShadowPlay only directly supports with games that use Direct3D, and not OpenGL. While most games do use Direct3D, there are a few that use OpenGL instead. For example, DOOM, which we used as an example above, uses OpenGL, as does Minecraft.

To record OpenGL games that don’t work with ShadowPlay, head to NVIDIA GeForce Experience > Preferences > ShadowPlay and activate the “Allow Desktop Capture” option. ShadowPlay will now be able to record your Windows desktop, including any OpenGL games running in a window on your desktop."

From this link:

http://www.howtogeek.com/259573/how-to-record-your-pc-gameplay-with-nvidia-shadowplay/

Mrcrazed

Estimable
Jul 6, 2015

I tried it with tf2, farcry 4 and a couple others. And desktop capture didn't fix it.

You know you have 500GB free but ShadowPlay may not "know" that.

Perhaps because of some bug or configuration setting. E.g., the path to the target directory...

See if you can find some configuration setting. Check for an update for ShadowPlay. Or, just reinstall it and watch for some initial setting whose default is not what you really need or want.

I also took a look at the ShadowPlay forums:

https://forums.geforce.com/search/more/sitecommentsearch/ShadowPlay/?boards=0&order=date-desc

Some postings mentioned "Recording Drive"......

Mrcrazed

Estimable
Jul 6, 2015

Updating it didn't do anything, and I also tried putting a second hdd in my computer and recording to that, but it did the same thing.

Mrcrazed

Estimable
Jul 6, 2015

It's a 500 gb hdd with about 450 gb free, yes, that's where I want to record to, and changing the folder name didn't do anything.

TRENDING THREADS