Optical Audio Connection to PC

lee_sch

Estimable
Feb 11, 2015
Hi guys,

Having some trouble connecting my 'Toshiba SBM1W Mini 3D Sound Bar' to my PC via the optical audio connection. The soundcard in my PC is an 'Asus Xonar DGX 5.1 PCI-Express'. I purchased a 'XO Digital Optical Toslink Cable' alongside the sound bar from recommendations on Amazon to facilitate the connection. My PC isn't picking up anything at all. Tried switching the input modes and still nothing. Isn't even picking up the new device connection on my PC.

Any thoughts would be most welcome.

Thanks,

Lee

Solution
You want to go into the Sound settings in the Control Panel of the PC and set the Default Audio Device to the SPDIF Optical connection. Once you do that everything should be good.

Also usually when something is set as default for sound ONLY that option will output sound, but with the Optical set as default the normal Audio Jacks will work as well

drtweak

Honorable
Sep 17, 2012
You want to go into the Sound settings in the Control Panel of the PC and set the Default Audio Device to the SPDIF Optical connection. Once you do that everything should be good.

Also usually when something is set as default for sound ONLY that option will output sound, but with the Optical set as default the normal Audio Jacks will work as well

Solution