Panasonic HC-V110k and 64GB kingston SDXC card

airmax32

Honorable
Aug 20, 2013
I recently bought a Panasonic HC-V110K camcorder. The camcorder works great except for one thing. I have two kingston sd cards. One is a 16gb Kingston SDHC card that I use for my sony digital camera. I use that for taking pictures. Although my sony cam is capable of recording hd videos I still decided to purchase a camcorder. So I bought the Panasonic HC-V110K camcorder. The reviews on this camera were awesome. I decided to buy a 64GB SDXC card for this camera. When the camcorder arrived yesterday. I inserted the 64GB SDXC card. I got a message that says "Check Card". I am also not able to format the card. The selection for formatting the card is greyed out on my camcorder's menu screen. So I decided to switch my 16GB SDHC card for the 64GB. I was able to format and use this card on the camcorder. Just to make sure I inserted the 64GB SDXC card on my sony camera. It was working fine. I ruled out that the 64GB SDXC card may not be compatible with this camcorder. Has anybody experienced the same issue here?

Solution
Hello, I'm Jewel with Kingston Technical Support and would like to offer our assistance. We do have several different types of 64GB SDXC cards, currently available are SDX10V/64GB (UHS-I), SD10G3/64GB (UHS-I Elite), and SDA10/64GB (UHS-I Ultimate) each card is faster than the next. Panasonic's product page does suggest one of their UHS-I Ulitimate cards with the same specifications as our fastest card (SDA10/64GB) for your camcorder so there should be no compatibility issues. Have you been able to format the card in your Sony camera and then see if it is recognized in your camcorder? We may need to do further research into the issue and will need more specifics off the Kingston Card you have (the one that works and the one that doesn't)...
While trying to find an answer this is the best I could find:
"This card is not compatible or it cannot be recognized by the unit.
If this message appears even though motion pictures and still pictures are recorded on an SD
card, the card may be unstable. Reinsert the SD card, then turn the unit off and then on again."
Source: User Manual
The Panasonic site was pretty much useless for finding an answer. Not sure this will help but since it is a new card you could try formatting it on your computer and then again in the Panasonic or instead of formatting just wipe the card clean of any folders that may be on there.

kingstonhq

Honorable
Mar 11, 2013
Hello, I'm Jewel with Kingston Technical Support and would like to offer our assistance. We do have several different types of 64GB SDXC cards, currently available are SDX10V/64GB (UHS-I), SD10G3/64GB (UHS-I Elite), and SDA10/64GB (UHS-I Ultimate) each card is faster than the next. Panasonic's product page does suggest one of their UHS-I Ulitimate cards with the same specifications as our fastest card (SDA10/64GB) for your camcorder so there should be no compatibility issues. Have you been able to format the card in your Sony camera and then see if it is recognized in your camcorder? We may need to do further research into the issue and will need more specifics off the Kingston Card you have (the one that works and the one that doesn't) which will help us decipher the issue. Please call us at 1-800-435-0640 (USA and Canada only) M - F 6am - 6pm PT and I or another available Technician will assist you. Please be sure to have the part in question on hand when you call.

Thank you for selecting Kingston as your upgrade partner.

Solution