Patent Troll Sues Entire Wireless Industry

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

computertech82

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2006
since these "patent trolls" are still around, they ARE MAKING MONEY doing this. This seriously needs to be changed. Trolls (or any company) that does NOT use the patents, should NOT be allowed to sue.

iam2thecrowe

Distinguished
[citation][nom]gokanis[/nom]I hereby patent the universe.... Everyone pay up.[/citation]
i patent the big bang that created the universe. :p But seriously, someone needs to review the whole patent system its completely rediculous. Unless you have proof that you invented something ORIGINAL and is significantly different from other inventions, you should not be able to patent it.

walter87

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2011
This company is just following the trend and jumping on the bandwagon of trying to sue whoever they possibly can.
If these patents are as old as 1999, then why has it taken this long for such lawsuits to occur?
Cyberfone Technologies themselves could have filed these patents a long time ago if they truly felt they violated their own patents before been sold to this Patent Company for happens to have just purchased these patents a mere week ago...

Sounds like a last ditch effort to try to cash-in before the new Patent Reform takes into effect.

G

@walter87

because once very long time ago folks in the telcon industry weren't so sue happy, there was so many cross licensing agreement a lawsuit might actually back fire, seriously back then if Nokia leveled their patent port folio at you it would not be a pretty sight, bear in mind MS and national semiconductor were small fry in the telcon field, it made more sense to try and win the good will of nokia and the other big players and have them co-operate with you rather than earn their wrath

G

The government really needs to step in and stop all this stupid patent trolling.

livebriand

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
[citation][nom]walter87[/nom]This company is just following the trend and jumping on the bandwagon of trying to sue whoever they possibly can.If these patents are as old as 1999, then why has it taken this long for such lawsuits to occur?Cyberfone Technologies themselves could have filed these patents a long time ago if they truly felt they violated their own patents before been sold to this Patent Company for happens to have just purchased these patents a mere week ago...Sounds like a last ditch effort to try to cash-in before the new Patent Reform takes into effect.[/citation]
The badly needed patent reform, that is.

teodoreh

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2007
I am thinking of patenting the way Earth spins around the Sun, by describing how gravity works. Then I will sue all humanity for being benefited from it.

I really wonder what the company will say in the court! "Oh, they stole our years of investment and hard-work" (a license we acquired last week for some pennies)!

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]stingstang[/nom]They can't win. They're messing with a 50+trillion dollar industry. This is the last we'll hear about it.[/citation]
Or the next we here about it is when they find the dead bodies buried in the desert, next to the bones of Joe Pesci

happyballz

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011
I say we keep AT$T, Apple, all of the ISPs, Sony and couple others and add Verizon and I say go for it!!!
Its a Friday patent-a-palooza free for all!

fixxxer113

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
Lol I imagine a guy sitting in his office for years, watching new products appear in the market and suddenly he picks up the phone and goes...

"Ok boys... this is it....SUE EVERYONE! MWAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Status
Not open for further replies.