PC full of Adware Viruses

IvakaS

Estimable
Jan 10, 2015
Hello there,
two days ago I downloaded some program from the internet and since then I've been having issues when browsing with Opera (just Opera). Many times I click somewhere, adwares like "liveadexchange", "buzzonclick" and many more things redirect me to adds.

I searched for solutions, downloaded and ran Malwarebytes many times, used AdwCleaner, reset the Opera browser, etc. I tried everything out there I found and none of it worked. Malwarebytes and AdwCleaner don't even scan my Opera browser, they scan Mozilla, IE and Chrome. Resetting Opera didn't fix it. I also can't find any Adware program installed on my computer (Control Panel -> Programs and Components).

How can I get rid of this annoying thing? Thanks in advance.

Solution
You can use this program by Trend Micro:
https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/hijackthis/

if it removes the malware then install any antivirus program and do a complete scan.

PeterKendrick

Commendable
Aug 10, 2016
You can use this program by Trend Micro:
https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/hijackthis/

if it removes the malware then install any antivirus program and do a complete scan.

Solution

zer0c007

Notable
Jun 10, 2017
Download RKILL from bleeping computer, there is probably couple versions of this file named differently since malware programmers build into the malware to stop this from running, RKILL will actively stop running malware on your pc and now try reinstalling malwarebytes and running a scan without closing RKILL. Also download Roguekiller after completing scan and quarantine of malware by malwarebytes and reboot. Install Roguekiller and run it as it may find missing registry or other fragments of infections. If you dont have paid for antivirus download AVG, AVAST or Avira, update and scan.

Once all scans report a clean computer, run command prompt as administrator and type "chkdsk" which will do a 3 stage check and see health of windows files and it will offer to repair on reboot and decline by pressing either Y key or N keys. I would back up important files before doing this repair on reboot, which is done just before fully booting into windows.

IvakaS

Estimable
Jan 10, 2015

I ran RKILL, but it couldn't find any malware software on the computer.

mdd1963

Distinguished
Many time it might be only your own Opera shortcut that has been hijacked....

Any change running Opera from the original start menu?

www.freefixer.com is quite effective at allowing folks to spot these alterations; get pictures of all the results uploaded (you can skip the green colored/whitelisted entries), and we will see if we can spot anything amiss....

(Delete anything you don't recognize from "Task Scheduler", too...; there will be several legit entries from Nvidia, Google, Intel, DropBox, One Drive, Adobe Acrobat/FlashPlayer, etc..; when in doubt, delete!)

IvakaS

Estimable
Jan 10, 2015

Freefixer didn't find it either. Appears that Microsft Edge also gets those ads. Mozilla still doesn't.