PC outputting sound in Dolby Pro Logic II format

Milleniumhero

Estimable
May 2, 2014
Hello to everyone

I have an old A/V 5.1 receiver that I would like to use with my computer but it can only accepts stereo inputs and expand it using prologic II.

Curiously my computer motherboard, (asrockH97M anniversary) with its realtek driver is capable of mixing the 5.1 channnels into a single stereo output so I thought thats should do it. The problem is that the sound that is supposed to go to the left and right surround speakers stay in the front speakes (the frontal speakers do the job), after investigating I found that this channels need a special filter in order for the receiver to send them to the proper speakers to reproduce them.

So my question is:

Is there a program that can convert my 5.1 sound into a proper Dolby Pro Logic II stereo signal in real time so i can be use by the receiver?

I want this no only for movie but for games specially. Im using windows 10 and realtek codec ALC662

Thanks in advance

Solution
You need to get a receiver that will accept the 5.1 output from the motherboard. Once the system mixes 5.1 to stereo there is no way to get surround sound back out of it. It's like baking a cake then trying to extract the milk, eggs and flour back out of it.
You need to get a receiver that will accept the 5.1 output from the motherboard. Once the system mixes 5.1 to stereo there is no way to get surround sound back out of it. It's like baking a cake then trying to extract the milk, eggs and flour back out of it.

Solution