pc through hdmi is not detected

Mrmetalgear

Estimable
Apr 28, 2014
i have had my pc connected through hdmi to the monitor forever and it worked fine. Yesterday after turning it on i got no signal on the screen, it doesn't recognize the pc anymore. Tried everything and it's not the cables fault, cause it works. Can anyone help me out? thanks

Solution
try connecting with vga instead so you can "see". After that, try updating the driver and after everything is complete then try hdmi again and see if it works. If not, go back to vga again so you can "see" again, also update your bios. After that try reconnecting the hdmi again. Hopefully this gets you back on!

jnewegger23

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2013
Please tell us more by what "Tried everything" is. Otherwise it's too little info to help you. Maybe your gpu is bad. Maybe you just need to install a new driver update. Maybe you need to update your bios. Please describe what "everything" is in detail. If you haven't updated drivers and your bios then you did not do "everything". Not being mean, just trying to be clear so I can help you better.

Thanks,

Justin S.

Mrmetalgear

Estimable
Apr 28, 2014
ahahaha you are right i didn't do anything softwarewise cause i can't see the desktop. I tried changing cable, but it didn't work. The monitor sees the cable but it continues switching between analogic and hdmi for searching the signal. If i disconnect the cable then it says no cable detected. At this point i don't know whats happening.

jnewegger23

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2013
try connecting with vga instead so you can "see". After that, try updating the driver and after everything is complete then try hdmi again and see if it works. If not, go back to vga again so you can "see" again, also update your bios. After that try reconnecting the hdmi again. Hopefully this gets you back on!

Solution