Photo editing software with a Sketch/pencil option

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bralic

Honorable
Jul 14, 2012
I am looking for a free photo editing program that can convert an image that I already have into a pencil/sketch kind of drawing. I hardly edit any photos so I don't want to pay for a heavy duty program like photoshop. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Solution

GIMP can do it. Free, open source. There is a learning curve, though...:)

Here is a tutorial on making a photo into a 'sketch'.

USAFRet

Illustrious

GIMP can do it. Free, open source. There is a learning curve, though...:)

Here is a tutorial on making a photo into a 'sketch'.

Solution

Bralic

Honorable
Jul 14, 2012
I do not, I have a Galaxy S3.

USAFRet, I had done it once before for an image that I now have a tattoo. But I lost my old HDD due to failure and now need to recreate the image as a sketch so I can get the tattoo work finished. I do not know if that tutorial will give it the same definition it had before, seeing as how it was a drawing with a lot of lines.

USAFRet

Illustrious

There are other tutorials out there. Only you can determine if the results will be good enough for your purposes.

k1114

Distinguished
That is a lot of steps that the photocopy filter or maybe that cartoon filter can do in a much simpler manner. I use photoshop so am not exactly familiar with the available gimp filters. If you did it before, what did you use before?

Bralic

Honorable
Jul 14, 2012
Thats the problem, I do not exactly remember what program it was. I haven been looking around and I think it was Photoscape, but I have to go to work, so I will play with it after work and post my results here.

rudiedeccan

Honorable
Mar 26, 2013
hello youy can use GIMp which is desktop application and that too free, other one is browser based photoshop online which is at www.photoshoponlinefree.com hence you can use from your browser, hence no hassle to download

May 8, 2013
Wow! This is really amazing photo editing option and i like this. Most super fast and cheap deep etching, clipping path services, image background remover editor online to add a magic to your pictures.

Thanks,
http://pheditor.com.au/features/

Status
Not open for further replies.