Pioneer PD-s801-Laser assembly

Ahmad_36

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2010
Hello members
I am new to this group. I wonder if someone can help regarding my Pioneer PD-S801 CD player.

During transportation, the laser lens has popped out and fallen on to the platter. How do I put it back !

Doe the top assembly has to be taken out. Is it a DIY solution or should I take to a service place. Many thanks. M Ahmad

G

It may just be the lens -- sometimes the glue fails. Most likely you'll have to replace the whole carriage assembly. Either way -- not a DIY job unless you can get the parts yourself (it is possible for some brands) and have the required skills -- static damage being a particular hazard.

By the way, have you looked at the price of secondhand CD players on e-bay-- probably cheaper to replace the whole player than pay someone to repair it.

Ahmad_36

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2010
It may just be the lens -- sometimes the glue fails. Most likely you'll have to replace the whole carriage assembly. Either way -- not a DIY job unless you can get the parts yourself (it is possible for some brands) and have the required skills -- static damage being a particular hazard.

By the way, have you looked at the price of secondhand CD players on e-bay-- probably cheaper to replace the whole player than pay someone to repair it.

Thanks for your advice, much apprecited. I was not sure how the lens was held in position. I have the lens that fell down and it is fine. So it would be best for me to give it to local service shop for them to glue the lens in position and test it. This should not cost much as no replacement is required.

Regards

MA