flamethrower205

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2001
I tried it out, and plainly put, it sucks. The renderer is garbage, and the program is so unprofessional. I'll stick w/ cs3.3

Your brain: PC
You brain on drugs: Mac

Jake75

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2001
I´ve only tried Ver 3, well it´s kind of funny if you want to play around and get results quickly, but it´s not for professional use.
Have you tried Animation Master? heard a lot of good things about that program, professionals are using it for building and setting up animations and then they export it to Maya, Lightwave, Softimage or MAX.

Su casa es mi casa

Jake75

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2001
Just curious...do you have any pictures or animations that you feel like showing? It´s allways interesting to look at other peoples work!

Su casa es mi casa

flamethrower205

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2001
After I formatted my hard drive (and lost all my work b/c I'm a dumbass and that was the only thing I forgot to backup), I haven't done anything much. Currently I'm working on something, so when I'm done I'll show you some.

Jake75

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2001
*LOL*
That same thing happend to me too!
I usually have some sort of list of things I have to backup before I format my disks, but this time I naturally forgot to put my artwork on it, I had it somewhere in the back of my mind that it was something that was missing...
Fortunately I could salvage some art from websites where I´ve put it, but not all things, like some models I´m currently working on for a Starwars Fanfilm!
Just to start things over again I guess, GAH!

Su casa es mi casa

flamethrower205

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2001
Woah, cool a Starwars fan film. That will be quite a task. I myself am currently working on a game- it a project for school. It'll take place in ancient Nubia, and I have to make artifacts and all. Will be tough, but not impossible.

Jake75

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2001
Yepp!, that´s right!, quite some task it is!
Well, if you are interested I strongly urge you to visit the official website for more information on the film!

<A HREF="http://realmotion.moneus.se" target="_new">http://realmotion.moneus.se</A>

Huh?

flamethrower205

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2001
VERY IMPRESSIVE! Which software do you use mostly? Also, this seems to be a big thing- are you an animator by profession, or is this a hobby and you are helping out? Quite a project I must say. When did you get into animation?

U got a problem?! Then dial 1800-328-7448!

Jake75

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2001
I´ve been doing 3D for about 2½ years now I guess.
My first contact with a 3D app was Bryce, I found it easy to use and it´s not that complicated to learn.
I eventually decided to study, and I got into a school that teaches CAD, 3D and other programs, Here I came in contact with that lovely program called 3D Studio!

Almost a year ago I came in contact with one of the guys working on the fanfilm, he explained his "visions" with the film and I thought it would be a nice challenge to create ships and props so I decided to join!

Rainy days.