PowerDirector 7 producing movie crashes! HELP!

quantum_0813

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2008
I am working on producing a wedding video with CyberLink PowerDirector 7. I have finished editing and have moved on to the producing part . So I click the Produce button and set all of the options. Finally i click the Start Rendering button, and it renders the movie flawlessly until the end. After it has finished producing the movie the program crashes! When I go to open up the movie it won't play! This program worked with the first movie that I produced. I don't understand why it won't work with this movie. Is it because I have applied like 5 different filters? Please help!

My somputer specs are:

XFX 680i LT Motherboard
Core 2 Quad Q6600@Stock speed
Windows XP SP2 with all the latest updates
320GB Hard Drive
GeForce 8800 GS Superclocked Edition

EDIT:
I tried producing the movie 2 more times, and both times it stopped at 44% and caused an error message. I tried another video 1 time, and it stopped at 57% and caused an error message. The error I'm getting is: 0xc0000005. What does this mean? How do I fix it? Thanks for any help!

cpu101

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2009
0xc0000005 is the generic windows code for an access violation. It can be created by faulty hardware (like a bad RAM chip) but most often is just a bug in the program. If you're writing something in a language like C++ you use "pointers" to different areas of memory. When you don't program correctly it's possible to point to an area you shouldn't and this usually results in the above access violation and a crash. You're only real recourse is to try to provide the crash information that Windows gathers to the Cyberlink tech support and hope they provide a patch which fixes it.

TRENDING THREADS