Problem with sound on Kenwood home stereo system

Aug 20, 2015
My stereo made a loud pop one day when my husband turned it up really loud, and after that my right speaker stopped working, I just assumed it was the speaker but one day i tried hooking up the right speaker into the left port and the speaker worked perfect, so i think i has something to do with the right speaker port, how can i check it to find out exactly what is wrong with it?

Solution
If either speakers work on the left channel, and neither work on the right, then unless the balance knob isn't in the middle, the amp probably fried one half when it "popped". Cost to fix stuff like that is usually not worth it as it can be so many things. Unless you are good with electronics and can open it and either spot a fried part or know how to use multimeter/ocsliscope/etc to figure it out and replace the parts, it's not worth it.
If either speakers work on the left channel, and neither work on the right, then unless the balance knob isn't in the middle, the amp probably fried one half when it "popped". Cost to fix stuff like that is usually not worth it as it can be so many things. Unless you are good with electronics and can open it and either spot a fried part or know how to use multimeter/ocsliscope/etc to figure it out and replace the parts, it's not worth it.

Solution