Thomas Maes

Honorable
Jul 16, 2013
Hi, I've got an Acer Aspire 7750G (You can see full specs on my other threads), it had cooling problems so I've send him in for reparation, after a few weeks I've got him back and I saw that Switchable graphics was installed on it, what never was on it before (and I've reset him to factory settings multiple times before the reparation and never seen the switchable graphics). I installed Adobe Premiere Pro but it gave an error when I tried opening it. Before the reparation it worked flawless, after days of searching I've found a solution, some .reg file fixed it.

After a few days, my USB 3.0 port stopped working, I've send him in for reparation (Again). After one month I've received him back. And installed Adobe Premiere Pro, again the same error. So I opened the .reg file and started Adobe Premiere Pro, it did not work anymore! And in addition to that I've got cooling problems (AGAIN!), Chrome always gives an error that it wasn't shut down correctly and Windows says that it's running low on memory.

I don't want to send him in for reparation again because last time my laptop was in Holland in stead of Belgium, then he arrived but he wasn't repaired! So my reparation for a USB port took 1 month to repair.

If anyone knows how to solve this?

Solution
Did you install all the drivers after you re-installed Windows? If you did, then you need to have Acer fix things with the hardware, or tell them to swap out the system for a new laptop since they can't repair it properly. Otherwise you'll just keep getting back a patched system that will fail again till your warranty runs out, then they'll just stop trying to help you.

In the US there is a lemon law for cars, if you bring back something to be fixed more than a few times for the same type of issue, you can get it refunded or replaced. Other countries may have such rights on other products.
Sounds like you need to at least re-install Windows, but since you have issues with cooling you need to get that fixed also. Sounds like whatever they are doing to fix the laptop is not being done properly.

The other thing is that Acer is one of the lower quality brands and will simply have issues due to parts and build quality.

Thomas Maes

Honorable
Jul 16, 2013

Thank you, but i forgot to mention that I re installed Windows already because of this problem before, without result.

Did you install all the drivers after you re-installed Windows? If you did, then you need to have Acer fix things with the hardware, or tell them to swap out the system for a new laptop since they can't repair it properly. Otherwise you'll just keep getting back a patched system that will fail again till your warranty runs out, then they'll just stop trying to help you.

In the US there is a lemon law for cars, if you bring back something to be fixed more than a few times for the same type of issue, you can get it refunded or replaced. Other countries may have such rights on other products.

Solution

Thomas Maes

Honorable
Jul 16, 2013
Yeah, I've installed every driver possible and updated all of them if it didn't work. If they agree to replace my laptop with another one, do they need to base their replacement laptop on the price I payed or the quality? Because the shop where I've bought it has proposed to give me a new laptop but for the price I paid, and since it was in promotion and it was an exposition model I could buy it for €444 in stead of €699 (what the price was before any promotion) and there is no good laptop for that price in that shop.

But does Acer need to give me another laptop with roughly the same price or quality?

Thomas Maes

Honorable
Jul 16, 2013

Ok, thanks