Ps4 optical dts dolby or hdmi audio

orrinkane

Prominent
Nov 6, 2017
I Have a vizio sound stand 2.0 system should I be connecting hdmi audio or optical audio straight to my ps4 pro will it affect the games sound andwhat's better linear pcm dolby or dts and just to throw this out there I can't get dts to work on sound bar need some awnseres and opinions

Solution
Optical should be fine unless the HDMI is more convenient. That system won't process lossless audio codecs such as Dolby TruHD so HDMI won't sound better.
The DTS audio codecs on that soundbar seem to be a way to make the sound better (or at least different) but since they may have decided not to pay DTS for surround processing on a 2.0 unit. I am not even sure a TV will pass DTS.
I suspect that PCM will be as good as Dolby but you can judge for yourself.
Optical should be fine unless the HDMI is more convenient. That system won't process lossless audio codecs such as Dolby TruHD so HDMI won't sound better.
The DTS audio codecs on that soundbar seem to be a way to make the sound better (or at least different) but since they may have decided not to pay DTS for surround processing on a 2.0 unit. I am not even sure a TV will pass DTS.
I suspect that PCM will be as good as Dolby but you can judge for yourself.

Solution