Solved! Question about Dolby Atmos via HDMI ARC and SK8

Jan 28, 2019
Hello everybody, I hope someone will know to answer my question.
I am thinking of buying LG SK8 soundbar because of Dolby Atmos.
I have LG OLED55B7 TV (supports Atmos) and LG UP970 4K BluRay player (also has Atmos support). As you can see, I already have those two LG devices, so it only makes sense to get LG soundbar. As my TV stand is small for SK10Y and SJ9, I am thinking about SK8. However, been reading that SK8 does not support 4K passthrough, so I was wondering if I can connect my BluRay player directly to TV and have the best possible picture and then connect soundbar (SK8) via HDMI ARC and get Dolby Atmos sound from both TV (streaming apps, movie files, etc) and get Atmos from BluRay player. I hope it's not too confusing. Thanks in advance for your answers.

Solution
What they mean by "support Atmos" is that if you play Atmos content the TV will play it through the built in speakers without you having to select a different audio track. It won't actually produce Atmos. You can't do that without Atmos amp/speakers.
Without eARC it can't pass the content without downgrading it to the soundbar.
Jan 28, 2019

Well, I guess not. I have LG OLED55B7, which is the 2017 model and, as I'm aware, eARC just started.

What they mean by "support Atmos" is that if you play Atmos content the TV will play it through the built in speakers without you having to select a different audio track. It won't actually produce Atmos. You can't do that without Atmos amp/speakers.
Without eARC it can't pass the content without downgrading it to the soundbar.

Solution