Aug 7, 2018
The hdmi ports on my tv were destroyed by a lightning strike. Can I use a rca to hdmi converter to hook up my receiver for surround sound? Also, can I plug a hdmi spitter into the converter to have two hdmi ports instead of just one? I need to use the receiver and a fire stick at the same time.

Solution
If you have no working HDMI inputs on the TV connecting anything to them is useless.
If you need to get audio from the TV tuner or apps to the receiver then connect the audio output of the TV to the receiver.
Connect your external sources to the receiver. Connect the HDMI output of the receiver to an active HDMI to component or composite video plus audio converter. Connect that converter to the TV. Component video is better than composite so use that if possible.

whereyou

Proper
Jul 26, 2018
As you said the HDMI port on the TV is broken, how to connect? you should need the HDMI to RCA converter(if your TV has the RCA port). You want to connect the receiver and fire stick to the TV at the same time? HDMI Switch can help you.

If you have no working HDMI inputs on the TV connecting anything to them is useless.
If you need to get audio from the TV tuner or apps to the receiver then connect the audio output of the TV to the receiver.
Connect your external sources to the receiver. Connect the HDMI output of the receiver to an active HDMI to component or composite video plus audio converter. Connect that converter to the TV. Component video is better than composite so use that if possible.

Solution