RCA Viking Pro 10 Headphone Jack doesn't work with headphones unless I bend the headphone jack on the headphones while it's pl

mrbluesky99

Prominent
Aug 4, 2017
The headphone jack on my RCA tablet is basically broken. I've tried 3 different types of headphones with it, none work. My Philips headphones only work when plugged in and bent. I have to put pressure on the headphone jack of the headphones for it to work though. I've also tried some skullcandys and those don't work either, even when the jack is bent. Same with some skullcandy earbuds. I just want to know what's wrong and try to get it fixed or replace my tablet if necessary. Sorry if this is kind of confusing, I don't know all of the exact terms.

Solution
It sounds like the jack is the problem and not the headphones. That can happen really easily. If the headphone wire gets yanked, the tablet it dropped, the headphones are pulled out to harshly, etc. The list goes on and on. In the end, you need to replace the jack, no matter the actual way it got damaged. Although I would try to avoid whatever it was that caused it in the future. :)

If the device is under warranty still, I would contact the manufacturer about a repair. If it isn't under warranty any longer, then you have the option to try and do the repair yourself (if you feel comfortable doing it) or take it to a local tech.
It sounds like the jack is the problem and not the headphones. That can happen really easily. If the headphone wire gets yanked, the tablet it dropped, the headphones are pulled out to harshly, etc. The list goes on and on. In the end, you need to replace the jack, no matter the actual way it got damaged. Although I would try to avoid whatever it was that caused it in the future. :)

If the device is under warranty still, I would contact the manufacturer about a repair. If it isn't under warranty any longer, then you have the option to try and do the repair yourself (if you feel comfortable doing it) or take it to a local tech.

Solution

mrbluesky99

Prominent
Aug 4, 2017

Thank you for the advice, I really appreciate it. Hopefully I still have the papers for the warranty LOL