RCA Voyager RCT6873W42 will not run SiriusXM app

Jun 9, 2018
Brand new out of the box RCA Voyager RCT6873W42 running Android 6.0.1 will not run the SiriusXM app. I immediately get a white window error saying "Unfortunately SiriusXM has stopped". The app wont load at all. After charging the machine to 100% charge I turned it on - activated the wifi and allowed it to run its' google updates on all the apps needing updating. I then went to the playstore and downloaded the SiriusXM app for android and allowed it to install without difficulty. Press the icon and get the error message. I cycled the machine on/off and tried again with the same results. I went back into the playstore and uninstalled the app from there and then cycled on/off. Returned to the playstore and again installed the app without difficulty - same results. SiriusXM is of NO help in the matter. Makes no sense the app works fine on my 5.*.* android platforms but fails on this one.... Anyone else having this issue or found a correction to the problem?

Jun 9, 2018

It isn't the tablet - SiriusXM says it is a coding issue on their end but have no time table to correct it. since their latest "update" the app no longer works on my older tablet running 4.4.2 either - - again - SiriusXM smiles and says they are aware of the issue and thank you kindly for paying for the service and being a loyal customer. . . . .

Jun 9, 2018

Here's the even bigger irritant ..... the SiriusXM works on Android 5.0.1 through 6.0.0 ..... but isnt working on 4.4.2 or 6.0.1 - - - doesnt make sense.

Jun 14, 2018
The sirius app is working on my nouget 7.1 tablet. "unfortunately" won't load on 6.0.1 tablet.

Ridiculous for Sirius to release this update. They should at least make a working version available.

Doesn't sound like we can advise any further on this one so I'm considering to close it. Assuming you installed it into the system and not on the SdCard, it isn't going to work and the developer has confirmed that.

Whatever that App is designed to do, it's almost certain there will be annother one that does and probably better.

Jun 14, 2018

I didn't mean to direct my remarks to you, I'm not familiar with this forum software yet. Sorry.

BTW, when I posted that the Sirius App "works" on my Nougat 7.1 tablet, that is slightly generous. It is very buggy. When you try to download a podcast, hell frequently breaks loose. Unstable.

Why Sirius thought it was smart to release such a buggy update is hard to fathom. It's not like it offers great improvements over older version - in fact I much prefer the simpler old version. The new release is just splashier.

Jun 14, 2018

??? The Sirius App is the only way to receive this service.