Re: Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Solution

People on forums are always blaming the OS for their mistakes. Sure there's a few glitches here and there for SOME people, but it's relatively rare and no higher of a rate than other OSes.

Performance wise, tiny bit faster to boot than 1511, otherwise zero difference. Even on old Core 2 Duo machines with 4GB and 200GB HDDs the OS is still just as snappy as 1511 (perhaps even faster than Win 7, definitely not slower)
"Still problems"?

99% of people never had problems to begin with, I have ~20 machines that upgraded without a hitch (and one that unfortunately lost a driver for peripheral equipment we use, just plugging the device in solved that though)

Bertybertbert

Commendable
Jun 11, 2016

Oh really? It's because I've seen some forums about problems with it. Performance wise, how is it?

People on forums are always blaming the OS for their mistakes. Sure there's a few glitches here and there for SOME people, but it's relatively rare and no higher of a rate than other OSes.

Performance wise, tiny bit faster to boot than 1511, otherwise zero difference. Even on old Core 2 Duo machines with 4GB and 200GB HDDs the OS is still just as snappy as 1511 (perhaps even faster than Win 7, definitely not slower)

Solution

Bertybertbert

Commendable
Jun 11, 2016

THanks for your answer dude! I have now updated, I noticed something in my Thinkpad BIOS, the message saying the to interrupt normal startup click the blue thinkvantage button (on my laptop) thingy is gone once i updated, one thing i just noticed. Have you experienced this?

Edit: I just rebooted my computer and it appeared again, odd.

JeffDaemon

Honorable
Nov 22, 2013
The anniversary update is what made me give up windows 10. I had it installed on my MSI Cubi HTPC, not only did the update sit there for hours doing nothing, but I tried the official windows 10 ISO w/ anniversary edition streamlined into it and it STILL just hungup with the animated ring doing nothing during the install. What a bona fide piece of crap OS.