receiver less speakers need help!

Brandon Taylor

Honorable
Dec 2, 2013
im stuck with a set of lg 5.1 surround sound speakers, with 4ohm resistance and 310watt max.
Would it be cheaper buying a new reciever, or buying a 6 channel/way amplifier to connect them to my computer?

Solution
You would have to buy a surround receiver and separate subwoofer amp. Standard AV receivers assume you will use a self powered sub. HTS packages allows put all the amps together so the subwoofer is passive.
If your PC has 5.1 channel audio outputs you could get a 6 channels of power amp. A real 6 channel amp would be way more than I suspect you want to spend but you could get some amp boards and a power supply if you are a bit handy The power ratings of the speakers are probably higher than real life. The resistance is probably correct so take that into account..
Might still be more than you want to spend. Check out parts-express.com for some options.
You would have to buy a surround receiver and separate subwoofer amp. Standard AV receivers assume you will use a self powered sub. HTS packages allows put all the amps together so the subwoofer is passive.
If your PC has 5.1 channel audio outputs you could get a 6 channels of power amp. A real 6 channel amp would be way more than I suspect you want to spend but you could get some amp boards and a power supply if you are a bit handy The power ratings of the speakers are probably higher than real life. The resistance is probably correct so take that into account..
Might still be more than you want to spend. Check out parts-express.com for some options.

Solution