Recent Computer Issues, Looking for Help

TheRealSandusky

Honorable
Sep 13, 2012
I've recently come to the realization that something was terribly wrong with my computer. After talking with customer support at many areas, I've narrowed down the issue to my GPU. Whilst playing any somewhat taxing game, my computer completely freezes, crashes, and then must either be left alone for hours on end or shut down using the power button. Not only that, but even more recently, every single task I do i.e. watch YouTube videos and look through steam, causes my CPU usage to spike to 90%~ and stay at a stable 90-95%. Does anyone have any clue as to what could be causing this? Can me replacing my GPU fix this issue, as it wasn't happening before my GPU issues? Could it also be some sort of Virus that has found it's way on to my computer? My Antivirus recently ran out (2-3 days ago) and I believe it started either then, or slightly before then.

TL;DR - Having GPU issues, need to replace it. When doing tasks, CPU usage and Memory Usage spike to stable 95%. Will replacing my GPU fix that? Will getting new antivirus fix that? Need help.

Thanks for any help!

Solution
Can you give us a screenshot of your task manager at idle, and possibly any screenshots of while you're using any program that causes these spikes? Definitely would like to see what's going on. It sounds like it could be a GPU problem, but it also sounds like it could be a number of other things. If I had the computer in front of me, the very first thing I'd do is watch the task manager at idle, and cause it to crash, while watching processes/RAM usage. If it isn't the GPU, it could be a driver, or anything else, which you would likely see if the task manager.

Give vlxedits's suggestion a try. If it doesn't work, I'd recommend trying to get some screenshots if possible. I don't care how you get them, as long as everything is legible; a...

vlxedits

Honorable
Aug 1, 2013
Before settling on anything, if you have an intel cpu you could try taking your graphics card out and connecting your computer to the monitor using the motherboard's onboard graphics. If it runs stable then we can conclude that it IS your graphics card causing issues and we would need to find a fix for that or you would be better off just getting a new card. However, I need more info, what are your specs? Driver version?

Skylyne

Estimable
Sep 7, 2014
Can you give us a screenshot of your task manager at idle, and possibly any screenshots of while you're using any program that causes these spikes? Definitely would like to see what's going on. It sounds like it could be a GPU problem, but it also sounds like it could be a number of other things. If I had the computer in front of me, the very first thing I'd do is watch the task manager at idle, and cause it to crash, while watching processes/RAM usage. If it isn't the GPU, it could be a driver, or anything else, which you would likely see if the task manager.

Give vlxedits's suggestion a try. If it doesn't work, I'd recommend trying to get some screenshots if possible. I don't care how you get them, as long as everything is legible; a video is just as good if you can read everything.

Solution

TheRealSandusky

Honorable
Sep 13, 2012
I'm not sure about my current drivers as my computer is not currently here, but my specs are as follows.
GPU: GTX 750
Processor: AMD A10-7700K
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-F2A88X-D3H
Not sure what else you're looking for.
Thanks.

TheRealSandusky

Honorable
Sep 13, 2012

I'm sorry, it's terribly hard to use this site on my phone. I can do that for you skylyne, but it won't be for a few days until my computer returns.