Red pixels on screen after restart screen remained black (no display)

Kreston10

Commendable
Sep 26, 2016
Hi! I really don't know much about computers and i'm starting to panic because my Asus A53S laptop (no battery) started showing red vertical pixel dots on my screen but when I open a window, it does not appear. I decided to restart the laptop then after that I heard the fan and all starting to work I even heard the windows startup sound but the screen remained black (no display). What might be the problem and what should I do about it? Help pls! Thank you...

Well it sounds like your display is the problem. To test it first try turning off the laptop, then connect an external monitor. Turn on the external monitor and then turn the laptop on. Can you see your desktop on the external monitor?

If yes, then you would need to open up the laptop and check the ribbon cabled that connects the attached display. Make sure it isn't damaged, bent, pinched, loose, etc. If that isn't the problem, then the whole display may need replacing.

If no, and you can't see anything on the external monitor either, then your graphics card will need replacing.

NOTE: If your device is under warranty still, contact the manufacturer to do any repairs or replacements, as doing so yourself (or getting someplace else to do it for you) would void the warranty.

Kreston10

Commendable
Sep 26, 2016

Kreston10

Commendable
Sep 26, 2016

Thanks for the response! I also asked a friend abt this problem, he said that the graphics card might need replacement however he also said that the g.c. is integrated to the motherboard so I really have to change the motherboard instead of just the g.c... Is that true tho? Coz I'm sure that that would cost a lot.:??:

Thanks!