Remove bottom of HP 17-by0061st

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 29, 2018
I have an HP 17-by0061st and it does not appear that the bottom comes off. It has 4 very small screws on the bottom. I can't tell if the keyboard lifts out of the case or if the case comes off of the keyboard. There is no battery door.

I would like to replace the SLooooow hard drive with an SSD but don't want to buy the SSD until I know if I can access the innerds of the computer.

Saga Lout

Olde English
If you've removed those four screws and still can't remove the panel, you may have the same model as one I worked on a few weeks back. The trick is to slide it in the only direction it can possibly go. It will be hard ging but if you slip a thin knife blade into the edge and ease it out, it makes it easier.

Saga Lout

Olde English
If you've removed those four screws and still can't remove the panel, you may have the same model as one I worked on a few weeks back. The trick is to slide it in the only direction it can possibly go. It will be hard ging but if you slip a thin knife blade into the edge and ease it out, it makes it easier.

Dec 7, 2018

I just took the bottom off this exact model and there are 9 screws +1 for the optical drive. 3 or more of the screws are under the rubber strips they use for feet. Recommend you download the user/service manual as it shows how to remove the cover (not easy, but doable).

Note: The issue I'm having is installing an M2 drive without a few key parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
UlrichVonLichtenstein Laptop Tech Support 4
Z Laptop Tech Support 2
P Laptop Tech Support 0
D Laptop Tech Support 13
B Laptop Tech Support 7
tammylouise Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
besmirmiftari Laptop Tech Support 11
fughyumi Laptop Tech Support 2