replace i3 with i7 in a tohsbia a505 s6005

GodsVoid

Honorable
Jan 28, 2014
i know its not built in I have taken it out and held it. I removed the i3 and put in a i7 it fix the socket just fine went together well but when I went to start it all power comes on on the keyboard and touch sensor but I get no picture and my processor light doesn't light up but my hard drive is spinning please help i feel lost

Beezy

Honorable
Nov 4, 2013
if it was not a compatible CPU for the socket then you could have damaged the motherboard socket or something...
tell us exactly what motherboard, which i3, and which i7.
Anyways try booting with one RAM stick in

GodsVoid

Honorable
Jan 28, 2014
how do I find this info for motherboard and i7 and when I put i7 in it fit with out issue I compared both i3 and i7 prong for prong and everything lines up everything seems the other then one being dual core and other being quad core. but both processor's go in and come out as normally as my i3 always has

GodsVoid

Honorable
Jan 28, 2014
Toshiba satellite a505 s6005 I put in two 4gb ramchip and it has ran good with that but I needed more processor speed for my games like batman arkem city or skyrim both heavy graphic games so I got a i7 g1 socket quad core laptop ran fine till I shut it down and proceeded to place the i7 in now it doesn't want to run Os or bio's it lights up like it starting but shows no sign of actually starting hard drive spinning lights on fan running but nothing on screen or external screen like it has no processor or isn't reading it

GodsVoid

Honorable
Jan 28, 2014
I got the i7 off of Ebay and when I try to start it it powers on like its going to start spins hard drive and fan like normal but nothing else just blank screen and lights like it wants to start but my i3 is the only one that worked but now I cant even get that too make it start which is leading me to believe its my motherboard which will kill me becaue I love my laptop have sense I got it and only wished to improve it but cant afford laptop shop

GodsVoid

Honorable
Jan 28, 2014
No the screen stays black I can hear the hard drive running but nothing loads. All the lights on the front come on, the light for the processor blink for about 4 second and stops blinking the hard drive still runs but the screen does NOT come on at all. So when I turn on the computer it self it doesn't load anything on the screen its just black with everything blinking at the bottom where it shows the Hard drive, then the cd drive, and then nothing still shows up. Its just blinking keys ON the computer (basically that's all that is working. ) Just the power on then nothing. Just dark void of nothing on the screen.

Beezy

Honorable
Nov 4, 2013
ok well i would say...you have to manually reset the BIOS. to do this you will have to open the case, and find where the CMOS battery is connected.
https://www.google.com/search?q=CMOS+laptop+battery&espv=210&es_sm=122&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=UJLoUsKQGsnWyQGH84DAAQ&ved=0CAoQ_AUoAg&biw=1366&bih=667

it will look like that, flat circular battery. you will unplug the cable (if the battery is in a plastic casing and has cable attachments) or you might have to pop the battery itself out (if its seated in a little bracket and will be exposed, no plastic casing over the battery at all). leave it out/unplugged for 2 minutes or so. THE LAPTOP IS UNPLUGGED, OFF AND BATTERY REMOVED AT THIS POINT i should mention lol. then plug it back in and the BIOS should be reset to stock conditions. if this doesnt work, i cant help you mate..

Beezy

Honorable
Nov 4, 2013
you really want to try that again? go for it. you got out of the woods once, not sure why you would go down that path again... if you do it research HOW to do it properly. or if its even a supported processor for the motherboard.

Beezy

Honorable
Nov 4, 2013
i looked at the toshiba support page Q & A for your model laptop and some one asked if they can upgrade the cpu to an i7 and the tech responded saying no toshiba laptop CPUs are not upgradable. idk if you even can, laptops are usually built to max performance for what they are. you know what i mean? its cost efficient for the manufacturers.
if they build an i3 laptop with a motherboard that is better and can handle an i7 it would be more expensive for them to make and sell that, since so few people would even use that upgrade option. they realize if you want an i7 you can just buy the i7 laptop.