replacement CDMA SIM?

Jul 21, 2018
My nephew damaged the SIM on my CDMA phone (trying to insert memory chip). My provider says I cannot get a new SIM for a CDMA but instead I must buy a new phone. Is this true or am I being jerked?

The CSR (Customer Service Representative) you talked to is so not telling you the whole truth. Pretty much all carriers will allow for SIM replacement. You might get charged for it, but it us usually only a few dollars. They can't force you to get a new phone.

I would first check their website to see if they offer the option to buy a new SIM. Just don't buy it just yet. Call back and talk to another person there. Odds are (unless it is a really small company) you will not get the same CSR you got last time. Ask this new person about a new SIM. If they try to get out of it, or claim they can't, then ask to speak to a supervisor. Also, make sure they actually connect you with tech support. Some companies lately seem to be sending calls that say they want tech support to other departments first, and then they don't know a thing about tech support. :)

Jul 21, 2018
Thanks for your response. It makes no sense to me either but the CSRs insists that I must buy another phone to get a replacement SIM, even though I bought the phone with the damaged SIM from them only three months ago for $99.,

This is FreedomPop and anyone who has ever dealt with them knows that it's a dishonest company. They advertise "free" service but you'll find charges being made to your PayPal or credit card from them that you did not authorize.

for your responsequotemsg=21163205,0,2224605]The CSR (Customer Service Representative) you talked to is so not telling you the who truth. Pretty much all carriers will allow for SIM replacement. You might get charged forfor your response. it, but it us usually only a few dollars. They can't force you to get a new phone.

I would first check their website to see if they offer the option to buy a new SIM. Just don't buy it just yet. Call back and talk to another person there. Odds are (unless it is a really small company) you will not get the same CSR you got last time. Ask this new person about a new SIM. If they try to get out of it, or claim they can't, then ask to speak to a supervisor. Also, make sure they actually connect you with tech support. Some companies lately seem to be sending calls that say they want tech support to other departments first, and then they don't know a thing about tech support. :)[/quotemsg]

Jul 21, 2018

Thanks for replying. Unbelievably, the service provider FreedomPop refuses to give or even sell me a replacement CDMA SIM. You've probably seen their ads for 'free" phone service. It's a lie; the contract has all kinds of unexpected charges. In my case, I bought a $99 used phone form them and they wouldn't provide the replacement SIM card I need. Instead, they claim I must buy ANOTHER used phone from them. Do the world a favor and inform folks about this rip-off company.

I stopped watching TV like, wow, 10 years ago. LOL I watch only what I want through online services. No Commercials! I so can't stand commercials. :) Yes. I am quite serious. I don't watch TV.

There are places that have free service, if you are on any kind of assistance. Depends on your state. Different ones in different states. Me I recently started using Tello. They use Sprints network. Not had any problems with them. And I like that no matter what plan you choose (you get to build your own btw) even when you run out of data, you don't really run out of data. It just drops down to lower speed. No overages and no stuck without data.

Jul 21, 2018

I sincerely appreciate your suggestion. Here in California the program is called LifeLIne and it is available if one is on certain assistance programs (eg: food stamps, SSI) OR if your income is low enough, adjusted for the number of people in your household. Here's the link is others are interested: https://www.californialifeline.com/en

Unfortunately, I found it to be very poorly administered. Initial application is done through the provider you choose, then the State may approve your application. The customer service reps at the participating companies I have dealt with are incompetent so it's very frustrating trying to get anything done.

Yeah. Sadly I have heard that before from people who had the free service in different states and actually with different companies. Especially when trying to get tech support. It is why I always suggest the other services to people if they can afford them. Even if it is only a few bucks a month. I pay a whopping 15 and change to the one I am using every month. :) No other service comes close to their pricing and you can bring your own phone if it works on their service. No one to ask, just check it on their site.

No I am not a rep, nor making any $ from saying it. LOL I just like to share good info.

Jul 21, 2018
I made a nuisance of myself, writing bad things abot FreedomPop on their own webpage, possibly discouraging new customers. They agreed to send me a new SIM. I'll hold my applause until it arrives. Example of nasty posting::

"Please, potential FreedomPop clients, listen to me.If you sign up for FreedomPop you'll receive used equipment of doubtful longevity, terrible service, NO CUSTOMER SERVICE AT ALL,and, most important, charges will start to appear on your credit card or PayPal account for services you never ordered. DON'T THINK that you are cleverer than FreedomPop, they've written every agreement for their benefit and unknowingly, you can be responsible for hundreds on dollars in unwanted charges. There IS NO FREE SERVICE; FreedomPop is just lying when they advertise this. Don't be fooled the way I was; DON'T SIGN UP FOR THIS SCAM"

TRENDING THREADS