Required Lenovo G580 Motherboard

Syed Kumail

Honorable
Dec 18, 2013
Hello fellow members,

It has been a year since I bought a Lenovo G580 laptop. Recently, I encountered a display failure. When I went to a local repair shop, I was told that the graphics card has been broken and since it is not detachable, the whole motherboard will have to be replaced. I have now two questions pertaining to the issue

1) Is it true that the graphics card is not detachable from the Lenovo G580 motherboard?
2) And if so, is there any online shop that sells new / used lenovo g580 motherboards and also provides shipping service in Pakistan.

Looking forward to replies.

Thanks

Solution
Very few laptops had upgradeable graphics. In fact I haven't really heard of any in the last 5 years. To my knowledge Lenovo has never produced a laptop with upgradeable graphics. There were a few like Alienware, Dell XPS series, I think Sager might have had some too.

As for finding a motherboard for your laptop, aside from saying that fixing it is not worth fixing, all I can say is get a hold of Lenovo first. This is where I would start. They might not be willing to sell to you directly, but they might be able to direct you to a distributor that operates near you. They should also be able to tell you if they are still being made.

The likelihood of finding it goes down exponentially if it's more than a couple years old. You...

techgeek

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2004
Very few laptops had upgradeable graphics. In fact I haven't really heard of any in the last 5 years. To my knowledge Lenovo has never produced a laptop with upgradeable graphics. There were a few like Alienware, Dell XPS series, I think Sager might have had some too.

As for finding a motherboard for your laptop, aside from saying that fixing it is not worth fixing, all I can say is get a hold of Lenovo first. This is where I would start. They might not be willing to sell to you directly, but they might be able to direct you to a distributor that operates near you. They should also be able to tell you if they are still being made.

The likelihood of finding it goes down exponentially if it's more than a couple years old. You might be able to find someone selling a broken G580 to part out on ebay.

This is not an optimistic answer, just a realistic one. Hope it helps.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS