Router restarting on it's own.

Byuntae

Estimable
May 4, 2015
Greetings, fellas.

My router is restarting on it's own without me doing anything, the router's model is Huwaei Echolife HG532.

P.S: Power is the only thing remaining whenever it restarts and i didn't know where to put this, so i just posted it here. Feel free to move it anywhere.

Thank you for reading.
King regards! :)

1. Check its not located somewhere where it is getting too hot ...
2. Check with your ISP that your username and password / settings are correct ... they might have updated stuff and not told you ... that could be causing it to reboot.
3. How is the phone line? Are there filters on other devices connected to the same line? Disconnect them and see if it still hangs.
4. Is this old / new? Is the plugpack (little power supply for it) connected to a powerboard with other devices ... is it getting too hot? It might be overheating and tripping the router, then coming back online (may have a thermal trip in it).

Check all of these first.

Byuntae

Estimable
May 4, 2015

I don't know how to check the filters, can you please go into details?

Ok ... these are small inline boxes that go between your phone socket on the wall ... and your phone / answering machine.

An ADSL filter separates the analogue voice-frequency signals from the ADSL (broadband) data signals(Broadband being defined as data transfer greater than 128KBPS.) If ADSL filter/splitters are not used, the ADSL data signals are heard as "noise" on any equipment connected to the "normal" telephone-line.

The router / modem is connected to the phone line WITHOUT a filter.

All over devices using the phone line MUST have a filter.

Just disconnect every other device from the phoneline so the router is the only thing connected.

This way we can isolate these as a possible cause / issue.

This is what one looks like.

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=5188&cPath=329&utm_source=googlebase&utm_medium=cse&utm_campaign=export_feed&gclid=CJPO_7amssYCFZcmvQodu1MPtA#googlebase

The small power supply for your router is a 12 V DC, 1 A model.

If you have a spare power supply you might want to try it. It is most likely the reason why your router is restarting, other than a connection issue with the exchange / ISP.

You can buy a small one from a hobby shop that has multiple pin connectors ... just make sure you get the positive and negative right for your router.

Or buy a replacement ... or loan one to try from a friend.

:)