Sager/MSI/ASUS case heat and overall longevity?

Loki W

Estimable
Mar 23, 2014
Hello,

I've been browsing laptops from Sager, MSI, ASUS, and iBuyPower, and was hoping someone who has experience with those brands could help me with a few questions.

Firstly, which of these puts out the least heat? Or, heats up the case the least?

And secondly, which typically is the most reliable? (At least as far as the non-upgradable components go.)

I'm looking for a laptop for 3D modeling and some gaming. Ideally, I'd like something I can keep for years, or upgrade to the same result. I don't overclock, and I don't care if something's new or has been out a while. Likely, it'll end up modded anyway. :D

So, what are everyone's experiences with the above brands? Any specific models that stood out to you?

Thank you in advance!

I can't say anything about msi or sager as I have never used them but asus I can. They are very reliable and don't produce much waste heat. They can be noisy when 3d or gaming is done but you can solve that by putting in headphones when playing games. I have only used the n56vz model so I don't know about the rest. I have heard that the rog series is good for gaming.