Mason Smart

Honorable
Apr 12, 2013
I had a Razer Blade Pro 2013 and am thinking about getting a refund as it has not worked properly since i first bought it. I had it in the shop 2 times and customer support, although very helpful, could not seem to solve the issues (keyboard ghosting, keyboard crashing, etc.). Overall, however, i was impressed w/ the build quality and portability. If I do get a refund, i was thinking of buying a 3d laptop. So far, i have found only Alienware and Clevo. Which is better in terms of build quality, power, upgradability, costumer service, reliability (goes w/ build quality), cooling, and portability (will be taking it to school often). Also, what is the best place to buy a clevo from? I did not see a 3d option on Sager's website. Are there any known issues with the p570wm3, or the Alienware 17 r5, as I have read some horrible reviews on Alienware and on Sager/clevo. Who else makes custom laptops (i need a laptop so i can take it to school) with high build quality and 3d screens. Also, is the p570wm3 ugly (like a big box)? or does it look attractive? Also, i have heard that the keyboards on the p570wm3 are not sturdy and flex and that there are screen wobble issues. What are the chassis made of, as i know my Razer blade pro chassis was all metal (I think it was aluminum). (I will have about $3,000 to spend - can I get a student discount on these laptops?)

Razer Blade Pro Ghosting: link

Thanks,
Mason

Solution

Yes, but is keyboard any good? Does it have flex? Is the computer chassis plastic? How portable is it? and Does it look appealing (many people say Clevo laptops look ugly - has this changed)? Is dual SLI 880's necessary for a 3d screen at 120 hz or can an ausus 880 take care of it for the next 4 years?

sixsamuraisoldier

Honorable
May 13, 2013
DEFINITELY SAGER! get the sager np9570 and upgrade it a little (gtx 880m sli) and copper cooling and leave it at that, do the rest of the upgrades yourself (really easy) and VOILA, for 3000 you have the most powerful laptop possible:
DESKTOP PROCESSOR
gtx 880m sli
trust me, you wont be sad, also sager reliablity and build quality is epic, not to mention their customer service

Mason Smart

Honorable
Apr 12, 2013

Yes, but is keyboard any good? Does it have flex? Is the computer chassis plastic? How portable is it? and Does it look appealing (many people say Clevo laptops look ugly - has this changed)? Is dual SLI 880's necessary for a 3d screen at 120 hz or can an ausus 880 take care of it for the next 4 years?

Solution

Mason Smart

Honorable
Apr 12, 2013

Yes. But are chassis of the Clevo, Asus, and or Alienware plastic? Or are they lake my blade pro (all metal)? Also, Do the screens flex? Does it have ghosting (i read online some Clevo's have had ghosting)? and does it have keyboard flex? Are dual 880's overpowered for providing 3d 120hz screen for AAA games for 4 years? Also, I know Asus doesn't have keyboard lighting colors, does the Asus look nicer (people say clevo laptops are ugly - has this changed?). I need the laptop to be portable and durable enough to take to school and back often and to last me 3-4 years... Also, i'm kinda new to modifying laptops and adding heat sinks, etc. Lastly, how is Customer Support? Anyone have any experiences with both of these company's laptops?

Thanks,
Mason

sixsamuraisoldier

Honorable
May 13, 2013

sager is brushed aluminum and i think a small amount of dragon plastic, and even if you don;t want to mod, for 3000 you can still have an epic computer just from normal upgrades :)

sixsamuraisoldier

Honorable
May 13, 2013

Nope, the sager laptop is uber-sexy to me (at elast the np9570)

Mason Smart

Honorable
Apr 12, 2013

When will the 3d screen for this model? Has anyone had any experience with 3d vision? Is it any good? Also, what about this model?
http://sagernotebook.com/index.php?page=product_info&model_name=NP9377-S

Will it get 3d vision? I was wondering if there are any other laptops out there or that will be released soon (new clevo models, etc.), especially ones that are thinner than the np9570 yet with 3d vision.