ctlouisiana

Prominent
Mar 17, 2017
We have all connections just as they were setup on the previous Samsung [all worked fine (not a smart TV tho)]. So we want to mirror via hardwire the PC onto the TV, but when we select the HDMI/DVI port the view that shows on the TV is the desktop picture of the computer even tho the computer itself might be on a website. What are we doing wrong? I assume all devices we used before (i.e. router, etc) would be capable of providing the same function with this new model.

We previously could view anything from our PC to our Samsung LN40B650T1F as well as receive all audio on our surround sound system. Now we get one frozen desktop pic & no sound. Aren't smart TVs supposed to do this?? Our current model is UN50J6200AF.

Solution
Since your connected a new TV you may have to go into the PC settings.
The TV may be set as a 2nd or extended screen rather than mirroring your monitor. If you can see you mouse move on the TV and drag an open window onto it then it is set that way. I prefer it this way so I can have a video on the TV but still have the desktop on my laptop available. Up to you. You can change it in the video or graphics option menu.
In your audio control panel you may need to set the TV as your audio device.

ctlouisiana

Prominent
Mar 17, 2017
OK I've just resolved my own problem!! woohoo!!! For anyone else who needs... (using Microsoft) go to 'All Programs', 'Windows Media Player', select 'Stream', then 'More Streaming Options', then remove the previous device/TV from the list & 'Allow' the new TV to be active; in addition under the 'Stream' drop down, select 'Automatically allow devices....' &/or 'Allow internet access...' [you will need to select 'Link an online ID']. Frustration OVER!!

Since your connected a new TV you may have to go into the PC settings.
The TV may be set as a 2nd or extended screen rather than mirroring your monitor. If you can see you mouse move on the TV and drag an open window onto it then it is set that way. I prefer it this way so I can have a video on the TV but still have the desktop on my laptop available. Up to you. You can change it in the video or graphics option menu.
In your audio control panel you may need to set the TV as your audio device.

Solution

ctlouisiana

Prominent
Mar 17, 2017

Thank you. I did discover this was part of the problem & may have been the whole problem all along. I appreciate the feedback.

ALSO, just tried your setup of having the extended screen [now that I understand it] & I LOVE it!! woohoo!!