Samsung 6203 + laptop + displayport

tangosmango

Estimable
May 16, 2015
http://www.amazon.com/BuyCheapCables%C2%AE-Quality-Black-DisplayPort-Cable/dp/B002CSRF9M?

I've been using this cable since my laptop (HP Elitebook 840 G1) does not have an HDMI input. It has been working fine for a few months now. I unplugged it few mornings ago, as I have done almost every morning, and took the laptop out. Never even used the laptop, came home, plugged it back in and it's been giving the "no signal" error since. I even ordered a new cable thinking it was a busted cable, still same problem.

Any idea what could have gone wrong so easily?

Thank you!

edit: Forgot to mention that I hooked up my actual desktop PC to the HDTV via HDMI cable and it works fine!

Solution
Hi,

Hard reset should do the trick since the laptop might just be in a Hibernate mode where it doesn't even wake up anymore. Remove the battery and the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for around 20 secs. Put everything back together and see if it will power on again. If not also do reset the RAM, remove them all off the laptop then put them back on again and see if will power on.
Hi,

Hard reset should do the trick since the laptop might just be in a Hibernate mode where it doesn't even wake up anymore. Remove the battery and the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for around 20 secs. Put everything back together and see if it will power on again. If not also do reset the RAM, remove them all off the laptop then put them back on again and see if will power on.

Solution