Justin_39

Estimable
Jan 11, 2016
I purchased and installed a Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD as an upgrade to my HDD. I also replaced the optical drive with the previous HDD on my MSI CX61 2PC. The Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD appears on the system information page in the BIOS, as well as disk management, device manager, and my PC. I went on the Samsung SSD driver troubleshooting page and tried every suggestion and came up with no solutions. I even watched an instructional youtube video on how to properly configure the SSD as the boot drive and the HDD as the storage drive (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMo8krAJd5Q) and I still couldn't set it up as the boot drive. Both the SSD and HDD show up as "Windows Boot Manager" in the Hard Disk Drive BBS Priorities, when selecting either one as the 1st or 2nd Boot.

Build:
Motherboard: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. MS-16GD
CPU: 2.60 gigahertz Intel Core i5-4210M
GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 & Nvidia GeForce 820M
SSD: 850 EVO 250GB
HDD: WDC WD7500BPVX-22JC3T0 750GB

Solution
Hey there, Justin!

Did you unplug your WD Blue from the system when you were installing Windows 10 on the SSD? If you didn't, you're most probably encountering an OS confusion which is what happens when you have more than 1 storage drives connecting to the motherboard at the time of the OS installation.
I'd recommend you to repeat the procedure, only this time, make sure you have only the SSD inside when you install Win 10. Once it's completed, you can plug back the WD Blue and reformat it through Disk management in order to get rid of the boot sector on it. However, make sure you've backed up the data from it somewhere else beforehand, otherwise you'd erase it.
Here's a tutorial that regards Win 8/8.1 but it still relevant for Win...

SuperSoph_WD

Estimable
Jul 30, 2014
Hey there, Justin!

Did you unplug your WD Blue from the system when you were installing Windows 10 on the SSD? If you didn't, you're most probably encountering an OS confusion which is what happens when you have more than 1 storage drives connecting to the motherboard at the time of the OS installation.
I'd recommend you to repeat the procedure, only this time, make sure you have only the SSD inside when you install Win 10. Once it's completed, you can plug back the WD Blue and reformat it through Disk management in order to get rid of the boot sector on it. However, make sure you've backed up the data from it somewhere else beforehand, otherwise you'd erase it.
Here's a tutorial that regards Win 8/8.1 but it still relevant for Win 10 when it comes to HDD & SSD optimization: http://www.overclock.net/t/1240779/seans-windows-8-install-optimization-guide-for-ssds-hdds

Hope it helps. Keep me posted if you have more questions.
SuperSoph_WD

Solution

Zet12345

Estimable
Dec 25, 2015
Have your SSD any Operation System .
1 . If it does , have you tried to pull every usb , sound jack from your computer
2. Is your old HDD still pluged-in ? . Does it have any Operation System try to unplug the SATA or IDE (whatever you use) cable inside your computer and try to boot again pressing F11 or F12 check the BIOS splash image to choose to boot directly from a DRIVE