samsung laptop keyboard only working inside linux

EssamTarik

Commendable
Oct 12, 2016
hello
i had an accident a couple of days ago as i spelled some coffee on my laptop's keyboard by mistake

i cleaned it at once but did not shut the laptop down
about an hour later found out that some keys stopped working, it remained so till today when the keys started working again

but weirdly , those keys are only working inside my linux installation (openSuSE KDE 13.1)
they're still not working in either:

1- my windows installation
2- my BIOS setup

Solution
No matter how quickly you clean up liquid, it will get into parts you didn't think it could. Also, you should always let a laptop or other device have time to dry out while not on.

Leaving it on could have caused more damage, and if any of the liquid gets to the battery, that can be even more of a problem.

You should check inside (both in the laptop and in the keyboard area) to make sure there is nothing at all inside. If you find anything at all, carefully clean it and leave it open to dry for a day or two. Also, be sure it is turned off when you are cleaning it out.
No matter how quickly you clean up liquid, it will get into parts you didn't think it could. Also, you should always let a laptop or other device have time to dry out while not on.

Leaving it on could have caused more damage, and if any of the liquid gets to the battery, that can be even more of a problem.

You should check inside (both in the laptop and in the keyboard area) to make sure there is nothing at all inside. If you find anything at all, carefully clean it and leave it open to dry for a day or two. Also, be sure it is turned off when you are cleaning it out.

Solution