Samsung Netbook N145

Samsung9

Commendable
Jan 24, 2017
I have a Samsung Netbook N145 Plus.Years ago water wasted on the computer keyboard and now only a handful of keys work. Also sometimes it would get so that when i pressed a key a lot of random stuff would happen boxes popping open everywhere. Ive described this to some shops/places and they said it sounds like i need a new motherboard. But now Im wondering if i would only need to replace the keyboard...

Solution
Well it is going to depend on what actually got wet. For future reference, when you get any liquid in a laptop, be sure to shut it down. Pull the power and the battery. Leave the laptop open and off to dry.. possibly for days.. depending on how much liquid and what kind of liquid.

I would think it is was the keyboard only, unless there was enough water to actually get farther into the device. You can try attaching an external keyboard and see if that works fine. If it does, then it is probably the attached one that needs replacing.
Well it is going to depend on what actually got wet. For future reference, when you get any liquid in a laptop, be sure to shut it down. Pull the power and the battery. Leave the laptop open and off to dry.. possibly for days.. depending on how much liquid and what kind of liquid.

I would think it is was the keyboard only, unless there was enough water to actually get farther into the device. You can try attaching an external keyboard and see if that works fine. If it does, then it is probably the attached one that needs replacing.

Solution