Samsung Smart TV ARC and receiver display not working

naveen4kumar

Prominent
Oct 19, 2017
Hi Team,

I'm trying to connect my Yamaha RX-V479 receiver to SAMSUNG Smart led tv(MU6100).
The HDMI cable is plugged from TV's HDMI3 ARC port to Yamaha's HDMI OUT ARC(HDCP 2.2) port.
The following HDMI settings configuration have been been done on the Yamaha receiver:

1. HDMI Control - Set to ON
2. Audio Output - HDMI OUT(TV) - Set to ON
3. TV Audio Input - Set to AV2
4. Standby Sync - Set to Auto
5. ARC - Set to ON
6. Receiver has been updated to the latest firmware

In TV, the following settings are applied:

1. Anynet+(HDMI-CEC) set to ON
2. Set top box is connected to HDMI1 port with DOlby Digital Sound option(Input video for tv)
3. HDMI Input Audio Format - Set to 'Bitstream'
4. Digital Output Audio Format - Set to 'DolbyDigital'

Now I'm facing two issues. The TV doesnt detect the receiver, it says 'Check Device Power', thus 'On Screen Menu' of the receiver doesnt appear on tv.
And secondly the sound from TV is not been played on to the receiver using ARC.

I tried all possible setting but to no avail.
Hence seeking your help to resolve this. Any advise would be highly appreciated.

Solution
I got it finally. The issue was in the Samsung TV not throwing the audio out from ARC port. The engineer had there own remote which unblocked this bug. Now everything works fine

naveen4kumar

Prominent
Oct 19, 2017
TV audio input should be any one from AV1-AV4. ARC option is either ON/OFF. The Yamaha receiver seems to be working fine.
The TV is able to identify the Yamaha receiver and I can see the 'Ón Screen Menu'. The only issue is the the sound from TV is not going to the receiver from ARC port.
TV doesnt show HDMI out as a sound option at all. Please help

naveen4kumar

Prominent
Oct 19, 2017
I got it finally. The issue was in the Samsung TV not throwing the audio out from ARC port. The engineer had there own remote which unblocked this bug. Now everything works fine

Solution

amankhanna76

Prominent
Jan 19, 2018

Hi Naveen,do you know what exactly the engineer did? I have the same issue with my lg sound bar not receiving sound from my samsung tv arc. The Samsung tv probably has the same issue that arc is not sending audio out... I called samsung and they asked me to check with LG on the sound bar but after reading your post I think that is the same problem with my TV

naveen4kumar

Prominent
Oct 19, 2017

I'm certain that its issue with Samsung TV. Even i got the same suggestion from Samsung; so inrder to make it fool proof i took my Yamaha to Pro-FX and got it checked, Yamaha was working fine; took pictures of the same. Then escalated the matter with Samsung.
The samsung engineer has some kind of TV remote. He disabled every port and again enabled it. He said sometimes all the ports/outputs are not open by default and has to be opened manually. Please call your Samsung technician to do the same. Hope this helps. Btw which is your Samsung model and when was it purchased??

-Naveen Kumar

amankhanna76

Prominent
Jan 19, 2018
Thanks Naveen!
That's very useful advise.
My samsung model is mu6070 and samsung claims it has all that is needed for HDMI arc (the port I used is marked HDMI arc) and I enabled anynet+ which is also needed on the tv. I just purchased it last month so I am hoping they will repair under warranty.
Given Samsung's unreliability I am wondering if I cAn try the port disabling thing myself... But if it needs a special remote then..

Thanks again!