Samsung Smart TV (UN46ES6100) can't connect to wireless network anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

cejay25

Estimable
Sep 23, 2014
I've had this TV for 2 years connected to my home network (Cisco router) using WEP security protocol. This week I have upgraded to WPA2 Personnal (AES) protocol. All of my home hardware (PC's, iPad,s, iPhones...) have switched over without any problem but the TV just won't connect. After entering the password, I get a connection failed message. I have tried disabling the security on the router, reverted back to WEP also to no avail. Nothing works anymore. Help please?

jpishgar

VP, Global Community
Jan 5, 2010
Here's a series of things to try first:

Factory reset the modem and router.
Factory reset the television.

If these don't work, you may want to disable any firewall you have enabled on the router and also check for firmware updates for the router.

Hope this helps!
-JP

jdinkc

Estimable
Nov 6, 2014
I'm having the same problems as cejay25. I've tried all of the things you suggested and nothing works. Any other suggestions are very appreciated.

kanewolf

Judicious
Changing from WEP to WPA might have changed the router to no long syncs with wireless "G" by default. Since WEP limits wireless N to 54 mbit data rate (same as wireless G) it might work. You might want to check if there is a b/g/n compatability flag that needs to be set in the router wireless settings. It might be set to "n only" ...

Miike

Estimable
Jan 10, 2015
You might need to update your software. Call 1-800-SAMSUNG (726-7864) and they will email you the most current software with instructions on how to install (you will need a flash dive). Good Luck!

Norm_m

Estimable
Jan 13, 2015
I'm in the same boat. I've spend hours on the phone with Samsung. Reflashed the TV's firmware from a USB. Placed router in same room with TV. Reset TV to factory defaults. Reset Router. Checked router settings. Nothing has worked. Finally the Samsung represenative suggested I buy a new TV, as my two year old TV was out of warranty, and there was nothing else they could do to help me. Really?

Ret Bill

Estimable
Jan 14, 2015

is is it safe to disable the firewall on the router? I am having the same issue only I was using an old router and it worked fine. Then I bought this new AC1900 router and I could not get on the internet. It appears it cleared to the router but the router would not let the signal out to the internet.

BKJ

Estimable
Jan 25, 2015
Not sure if this will help. I had a similar problem with my Samsung UE40ES6300UXXU SMART 3D TV. I have had it for a couple of years and decided I would like a sound bar to complement it so I bought a Samsung HW H450. In the process of installing it I found that my TV was no longer connected to my Network. To cut a long story short after several days of trying different things most of which has been mentioned by previous posters I made a wired connection to my network. When the wired connection was up and running I was then able to wirelessly connect with none of the problems I had been suffering previously.

Ret Bill

Estimable
Jan 14, 2015
I finally disconnect the firewall on the router.. Got online. Then I added one component to the firewall at a time and verified I could get online each time. Doing this I found out what was causing the problem and unchecked it so it would not be used..So far its working. Thanks for all the help..

Pete329

Estimable
Jan 29, 2015

I had the same problem plus it was turning on and off. Called Lifetime Services centers and they came out and changed the Wifi card which was the problem. Had to call Samsung center and had them update the system and now everything works fine. Took a while on the phone but was worth it. Now things are working fine. Cost was $210. Hope this helps you out.

Tat Jana

Estimable
Feb 24, 2015

What was causing the problem? I have the same problem here!

Bhupat

Estimable
Feb 24, 2015
I have UN32EH5300F model, i tried all solution posted so far but did n't help i finally contacted customer support and they provided me file for firmware upgrade which RESOLVED an issue. thank you all for your suggestions.

http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/FM/201502/20150223174403357/T-MST10PAUSC.zip
SamsungSupport: Is the link accessible?

http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/FM/201206/20120615105809367/2012_TV_Firmware_Upgrade_Instruction_T-MST10PAUSC.pdf

thank you all for your suggestions.

LGVoor26

Estimable
Feb 24, 2015
Just got the same problem today. The Smart Hub updated yesterday & today we couldn't connect to the Internet on TV only. I did a software update to the TV using the Samsung remote. Go to Menu, then Support, then go to Software Update. I used the Download option NOT USB. I waited a few minutes as the Download processed. Once done the TV shut down & then turned on by itself (as mentioned on the screen). Once the TV a turned back on, I was able to go on the Internet.

acpegg

Estimable
Feb 25, 2015

Unfortunately it may be a hardware problem. The wifi card has failed in my UE46ES7000 twice now, first time just outside the Samsung warranty. I do have an extended warranty though. This time, a year later, even the wired connection won't connect to the Internet, but it sees the router just fine. The TV is not even three years old!

Cmeyer

Estimable
Feb 25, 2015
I was having a similar problem, it would connect to router but not Internet. My wifi was working and Netflix on another tv was. I downloaded the software update even tho I didn't think it would work since I couldn't connect to Internet. To my surprise it did and then it prompted me for a Netflix update and now Im up and running :). Thanks

bhobbster

Estimable
Feb 25, 2015
I used a WiFi extender to solve the problem with my Samsung 46" Smart TV, UN46ES6100.

Only two years old, the TV initially had spotty connectivity, then finally failed to connect to the internet entirely. I could see the wireless network I wanted to connect to in the Network setup process, but after trying to connect, it would fail.

After 5+ hours on the phone with Samsung support over the span of about 4 phone calls, the determination was made by Samsung that my WiFi card in the TV would need to be replaced. That option didn't appeal to me, so I headed to Best Buy to purchase a Roku box and offload "Smart" from my TV. Fortunately, the Best Buy sales guy pointed me to a WiFi extender to solve the problem instead. It attaches to the back of the TV, plugs into the ethernet port (which still works) to deliver the connectivity, and draws power from the USB port on the TV, so wireless has been restored for $30. Brilliant!

The key to this solution is that you have an ethernet port on the TV, and it is still working properly.

I used the Netgear WNCE2001, but any equivalent device should work.

DigitalBulldog

Estimable
Feb 25, 2015
It's apparently a Samsung problem, currently affecting most of Europe on D and E series TVs. Called them yesterday, they said they're "aware of a problem" and "engineers are working on it". Not very fast, it would seem. Whatever the problem is, it's crapped up their DNS system - all the Samsung smart TVs need to connect to their servers before loading most of the apps, for some reason. So, don't keep resetting routers and pulling cables out, it won't fix things. It's been over 24 hours, so - hopefully - they'll have a fix soon...

HTH.

Status
Not open for further replies.